Factorio Bitumen

by Shenpen

Adds Bacterial mud, Peat and Tar primitive technologies Adds Shalerock Fracking technology Adds Tarsands mining, Bitumen production Adds phenol, ethylene, calcium carbide and propane based plastics production lines. Adds automated lathe, lapping, grinding, smelting, casting and injection molding to existing technologies. NGL, Natural gas, DeepDrill mining, Synthetic Crude, Synthetic Lubricant and other petrochem technologies. Incompatible with RSO-mod!

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i More attractive icons

3 years ago

Some icons are too close to each other and are not easy to identify. Maybe the relevant professionals can see them at a glance, but it still needs some time for me. For example, your bitumen module is a medium-sized module, but most people can't see what it is, so we need to choose a more beautiful picture to attract players' attention. In addition, I like your introduction of technology, which is better than Angel module. I can learn some chemical knowledge from it.

3 years ago

"Some icons are too close to each other and are not easy to identify."

You mean the 4 different kinds of black powder? :D

3 years ago

Or perhaps the 5 different kinds of white powder?

πŸ˜‚

3 years ago

Please post suggestions for beautiful picture in dev.thread!

3 years ago

" I like your introduction of technology,"
Thank you! I need to put them into the "tips" at some point too.

3 years ago

I have not exactly improved the de-coding of icons. But instead I have added the "show where made"-tag to most recipes.
That should make it easy to check if you have found what you are looking for.

3 years ago

Icons are not the most important. After playing for a while, I found that the use scope of many elements has not been developed, such as gunpowder, palladium oxide, methanol and cellulose, so I can only suspend the archiving of the asphalt factory and wait for you to update before playing.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yeah. Cellulose is actually removed in the upcoming update. Was a legacy products from the mod, that this was based on.
But you have a point about paladium and methanol.
Paladium oxide is due for use in a catalysts.
Methanol is (after conversion to formaldehyde) a key product in plastic production.
Both will be nice to have, but they are not the priority now, as the mechanical side of things are in focus and as there is plenty of scope for a mega-base plastic production based on nickel catalysts. I will be resolved though.
Gunpowder seemed like a good idea at the time, but I think I will just remove it. Too old fashioned for any interesting use. Fireworks anyone?

3 years ago

Yeah. Cellulose is actually removed in the upcoming update. Was a legacy products from the mod, that this was based on.
But you have a point about paladium and methanol.
Paladium oxide is used in catalysts.
Methanol is (after conversion to formaldehyde) a key product in plastic production.
Both nice to have, but they are not the priority now, as the mechanical side of things are in focus and as there is plenty of scope for a mega-base plastic production based on nickel catalysts. I will be resolved though.
Gunpowder seemed like a good idea at the time, but I think I will just remove it. Too old fashioned for any interesting use. Fireworks anyone?

3 years ago

I think the latest update actually still have a few loose ends.

New response