Factorio Bitumen

by Shenpen

Adds Bacterial mud, Peat and Tar primitive technologies Adds Shalerock Fracking technology Adds Tarsands mining, Bitumen production Adds phenol, ethylene, calcium carbide and propane based plastics production lines. Adds automated lathe, lapping, grinding, smelting, casting and injection molding to existing technologies. NGL, Natural gas, DeepDrill mining, Synthetic Crude, Synthetic Lubricant and other petrochem technologies. Incompatible with RSO-mod!

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Clarification and Crash Bug

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Is this a subset of the druglab mod? This mod has a crash bug because of the use of the renamed "player" entity, I think. But the druglab doesn't seem to crash from that. So that suggests there's more code, here, but, it looks like the same recipes are in the druglab mod... So do I just need the druglab mod? I like that you separated everything into your own group; we do the same. This is one of the main reasons yours is the best chemistry mod out, and we want to use it!

4 years ago

Thank you for your kind words.
Yes, this is a subset of the DrugLab mod, with no illegal substances available.
I need to fix the "player" entity bug.
I also need to implement a set of upgrades allready implemented in DrugLab mod.
So if you can live with the extra complications, DrugLab is your fast option.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for the response. Looks like we're good to go with just using the latest druglab mod, and get all of the benefits. We want the full drug experience; just wanted to be sure there wasn't anything in the other mod that wasn't in druglab. We're going to start using it on our server cluster, and I think I may start extending what you've done, since you have what appears to be well-balanced chemistry going on. I started a chemistry mod because I needed it to support my nuclear mod (hydrofluoric acid was needed), but I was happy to see yours here, which just does chemistry and sticks to trying to do that well. So we'll see where it goes. You're welcome to come see what we do with it. One note: I personally think it's best to leave sulfur with the other raw-materials. Based on the recipe order your mod gives sulfur, it almost looks like it might just be a typo that sulfur ended up in your recipe group, but we did move it back in our catch-all fix mod.

BTW, it if helps in balancing: we computed that, based on the temperature and energy capacity given for water in the game, 1 unit of fluid is about 50 ml. So our nuclear process normalizes to that based on molarity and such. Don't know how you've normalized your chemistry, but worth mentioning in case you haven't computed that from the water value. If you did it some other way, I'd like to know.

4 years ago

"You're welcome to come see what we do with it." Im not totally sure what you mean by this. But if you are running a community map, I would suggest that you put a notification or invitation message in the DrugLab discussion tab. Perhaps something on the forum as well.

As I remember, sulfur ended only up as mod-item because I needed to make an alternative recipe for sulfur. One of both of the recipes 'should' reside in the vanilla tab, but moving items around in the menu is still extremely low on my list of prioritized changes.

Water ammunts: 'If you did it some other way, I'd like to know.'
I used a an algorithm that blends 50% guesswork with 50% common sense correction after the fact. It usually yields results that can be grossly inaccurate, but has no wildly game-disturbing effect.

In other words: I try to be accurate whenever the result is noticeable and ignore accuracy when it is not.

4 years ago

Is now updated with latest bells and whistles. Not extensively tested, so results may vary!

New response