Better Victory Screen

A better victory screen that places the focus on automation and not combat. Upon victory it shows various interesting game statistics, like the total amount of time you spent hand crafting and your peak power production.

Utilities
a month ago

b [Fixed] BVS doesn't support removing the last mod that changes victory condition

3 months ago

The victory screen didn't appear upon launching a rocket with a satellite with Industrial Revolution 3 installed and being the only content mod. It's possible that IR3 changes the victory condition but I'm not sure about that.

3 months ago

Hello! That's weird. I didn't explicitly test it, but looked at the code and (still) didn't see anything that might prevent it. I will look into it. Sometimes other mods interract unexpectedly too though, could you supply a mod-list possibly? Or a save file?

You can still still see what the victory screen would have looked like. Change the Mod Settings to allow the /show-victory-screen command. Then open your save (doesn't matter if victory has been reached or not), and type the command /show-victory-screen.

Thanks for the report!

3 months ago

Thank you for the explanation, I'll provide my mod list and a save file when I'll get home. Yeah, I tried that console command and it worked fine. It's just that I was suspended in disbelief when the first rocket took off and nothing appeared on my screen.

3 months ago

Oh, so no victory screen appeared at all? I misread and thought the vanilla victory screen showed instead of the custom one. Haha that's not good. In this case a save file would be very useful. Thanks :)

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Yeah, that's the funniest thing - no victory screen appeared at all, vanilla or Better.
Here's both my mod list and a save file (couldn't find one right before the launch, seems like I was so flabbergasted that I forgot to save right before the first launch like I usually do). It's about an hour after the first satellite launch. I hope this can help.
https://mega.nz/folder/lB0SwRBI#1YkjIQB7-TuAzHU5DYEk8Q

3 months ago

I'm not sure how you got the mod into this condition. Did you at any point have SpaceMod installed? Or Krastorio 2?

3 months ago

Damnnnn, you're right. I completely forgot about installing that fork of Space Extension, checking it out for a minute and then uninstalling it. This must be it. And now that you mentioned it I remember seeing "Industrial Revolution 3 (modified)" in Milestones' presets settings and thinking: "why the hell is it modified? I didn't touch it".
I'm very, very sorry for having you do this investigation just because my brain decided to forget about that Space Extension fork because it didn't like it. Once again, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for clearing this up.

3 months ago

Oh no need to apologize! I appreciate feedback, especially when it's helpful - which you were.

That explains it then though, otherwise there would've been something seriously wrong XD Regardless, my mod should handle the case when you remove a mod that changes the victory condition like you did. I will fix it.

a month ago

This is fixed in the latest release. Thanks again for reporting :)

a month ago

Neat. Thank you for the fix.

New response