Belt Sorter

by judos

Sorting mechanism managing items from belts to belts. 3 Tiers available (+2 with other mods)

Content
2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i βœ”οΈ Update to 1.1.0 [help welcome]

3 years ago

will you update this mod to 1.1 version of factorio?
all old mods (including this one) have been marked as incompatible and cannot be used...
thank you

3 years ago

also waiting for 1.1 version

3 years ago

Me too :-)

3 years ago

can't guarantee it's 100% working, but it has been working so far for me...if you want a quick fix while you wait, make the following edits...

info.json: change Factorio Version to 1.1

in belt-sorter-gui.lua in the control folder, change line 216 to read param.parameters = slotConfig

info.json will allow it to be loaded under 1.1, saves to be loaded, and existing units will work. The line change in belt-sorter-gui.lua should allow you to actually make changes to the filters without the game crashing. If you've made a lot of other changes in your game since the last save, I recommend saving before trying to use it just to be safe.

3 years ago

me too

3 years ago

pse update quickly. I want to move on to the next version of factorio without loosing my mall

3 years ago

Thx

Cordina β˜†
3 years ago

Alpha update uploaded. There are still some issues in Factorio 1.1.
As I'm not a true lua coder, suggestions for fixes are welcome.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I haven't downloaded the official update yet, but I haven't noticed any issues yet with the changes I posted earlier in this thread...what should I be looking for? Not much of a lua programmer myself (I'd go as far as saying I'm not) but I've had some success in fixing problems I've run into when the mod devs are slower to react and I want something to work. If it's something I can figure out for you, happy to help. I could even just send you my version of it if it helps. It almost wasn't worth it as I still use the blue ones almost exclusively, but for what I wanted the mod for I added (or re-added...I think I saw remarked out code that you may have had it in there at one point) the lane sorting and priorities to all levels and rebalanced the research time to be the same across all three levels. (Brought level 1 down to match 2 & 3.)

Edit: I noticed the list of known issues on the home page...I'm not having any issues with robot placement directly, or blueprinting for that matter. What I'm getting for an error seems to be related to the storage and recall of filter settings. A new placement by ghost/robot or a blueprint with no filters saved works fine. A blueprint with filters or copying & pasting an existing sorter (with filters) causes an error though. I'm looking into it to see what I might be able to figure out, but as mentioned, I'm not really a programmer myself (just seem to be good with tracing errors) and wouldn't hold my breath. So far I've been able to get it to stop throwing an error so you can blueprint or copy a sorter with an active configuration, but it doesn't actually paste the configuration settings into the new entity. To do that I ended up remarking out almost the entire beltSorterGui.storeConfigToCombinator function (lines 207-229 specifically) in belt-sorter-gui.lua. I'm still looking, but as far as I could tell it didn't actually do anything anyway...created some local variables, did some things to one of them and sent the results back to the other. Everything except the ability to blueprint and/or paste an entity with settings seems to be working without it. (Pasting from the Copy/Paste in the sorter's gui works.)

New response