Belt Sorter

by judos

Sorting mechanism managing items from belts to belts. 3 Tiers available (+2 with other mods)

Content
2 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i alternative outputs [implemented]

4 years ago

could you add an option to make the exits alternative, instead of using priorities?, as it is now, ítems dont go to one side if the most prioritary one isnt full

4 years ago

hmm that sounds like a splitter (beltSplitter) to me :D So basically the same interface but no priority and just evenly distribute the items?

4 years ago

yes, and like you say, it would be kind of like a splitter, but with some diferences:

obviously 1x1 instead of 2x1
four enters or exists, to use as you want to, instead of just 2 enters and 2 exits
a propper filter system
and last but not list, the posibility of controlling wich side of the belt you want to use

basically what the sorter is now, but with the splitter mechanism
also, dont get me wrong, the priority sistema is good for some designs, Im not asking you to remove it, my idea was that you just added some kind of splitter-mechanism option, appart from the priorities (this option would of course invalidate the priorities, but they would still be available to be used)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hmm at first I was thinking about a separate entity, but now I think just upgrading the existing one would work.
Basically setting the same priority on two different lanes would then do what you want. So I would just add a short comment in the UI and then allow same priorities for different lanes (and implement all the complex logic underneath to make this actually work).
How does this sound for you in terms of usability?
Also this would mean the splitter functionality is only available with the Advanced Belt Sorter.

4 years ago

sounds good, Im going to try it now

4 years ago

wait a sec, have you done this yet?

4 years ago

I guess not, because Im trying it now and it doesnt work lol

4 years ago

btw, for when you do this, you said this Will only work with advanced sorters, but it Will work with the two new tiers too, right? (turbo and ultimate)

4 years ago

how is this going?

4 years ago

feature is implemented in 0.6.4. Have fun :)

4 years ago

Thanks

New response