Belt Visualizer

Highlight a belt line with the press of a button! (H) Cycle between different lanes by highlighting the same belt again. Press again while not selecting a belt to stop highlighting.

Utilities
2 months ago
Logistics

i Make pipes highlighted

1 year, 2 months ago

Add pipeline search function

He has
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/belttracer

1 year, 2 months ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PipeVisualizer

Are u or could u do like this as for using key binds is a pain in but. and the pipe is so much more QOL than having to remember a key bind every time :)

1 year, 2 months ago

Can't one mod merge two mod functions

1 year, 2 months ago

Sgamez -
Not without changing the way the mod works, no, because if it's a shortcut, how do you know which belt the player wants to highlight?
I could put a tool in the player's cursor to select a belt with, but then you lose the ability to hold an item in your cursor to use as a filter for highlighting through filter splitters.
At least for me, H for Highlight is easy to remember, which I know isn't true for everyone, but at least it's something.
I could add a section to the tips GUI demonstrating it maybe, so at least the information is more accessible.

13309756 -
Not really, no. Not quite sure what you're asking either, you want H to work on pipes as well? You or I could ask raiguard to make that a feature in Pipe Visualizer, but it's not something I could do, it would have to be him.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Thanks for a quick replay. Ok not sure what your intent with the mod was. Tho how hard would it be for u to have a separate knockoff mod like this with my idea in mind? so a player could choose to use ether of the 2 depending on witch they wanted?

1 year, 2 months ago

you want H to work on pipes as well?
YES

1 year, 2 months ago

Sgamez -
It wouldn't be super challenging, but if the problem is remembering the keybind, I would rather try to make it easier to remember the keybind with better information instead of having to make an entirely different mod for a different control method.

13309756 -
I can ask raiguard to add that to Pipe Visualizer, I talked with him a while ago about it and he said he would like to add said functionality, he just hasn't gotten around to it.

1 year, 2 months ago

the reason is not remembering a key bind more that it's looking better and is more convenient. and i personally prefer it that way. As it's more bothersome.

Then u say pipe visualizer is changing a way form the current method ?

1 year, 2 months ago

Pipe Visualizer is not changing away from it's current method, it would only be adding on top of what it already is.
Making this mod not use a keybind is not how it was designed to be used.
I'm not against the idea of using something besides a keybind, but I can't think of a clean way to use it without making it clunky and more inconvenient.
There has to be a belt selected, and there has to be some way to have a filter for filter splitters, so if I think of a good way to implement both of those things in a non-keybind format, I will do so.

1 year, 2 months ago

Sound awesome. Anyway good luck to u.

Also the way the pipe works as i suspect u know is it shows by hovering the cursor over. As one of the way it works.

New response