Battery Powered

by harag

Provides several tiers of batteries that can be charged and used as fuel or to transport energy. The highest tiers require Space Exploration.

Content
9 months ago
Trains Power

i [1.2.0][WontFix] Personal Batteries

1 year, 9 months ago

I'm not sure if this is outside the scope of your mod but I tried charging personal batteries inside the battery charger.

I think this would be a really nice feature to implement.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Personal battery items in inventory don't have the ability to charge and don't retain any charge when taken out of an equipment grid. I could probably do something like with the other batteries and have separate, charged versions of the personal battery items and transfer the charge via script when the item is placed in an equipment grid. So far this mod has zero runtime scripts, though. And a personal battery would still loose any charge when they are moved within or taken out of the equipment grid.

Another possibility would be to define an equipment grid generator that uses the batteries from this mod as fuel. But that would require manually switching to the equipment grid, then to the generator inventory to replace used up batteries. And it would be strange that a battery powered generator would charge equipment grid batteries. It would also somewhat subvert the game-mechanic that equipment uses up space in the grid.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

I added support for some equipment grid generators (Krastorio2 and Portable Power Equipment) as an alternative.

New response