Baketorio

adds greenhouses, plants, and baking. Science overhaul

Overhaul
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Me Like At First Sight

2 years ago

Recently, I've been thinking about the fact that my mom makes some things from scratch (ie cookies, cakes, and pies) and since I have some experience myself with baking fresh goods, I decided to do some research for homemade recipes. It is surprisingly tedious to find simple and clean (not having extraneous ingredients) recipes for everyday things like pizza dough, chocolate, or vanilla ice cream.

This led me to this evening. I wondered if there was a mod for Factorio where the player basically runs a bakery -- and I was right. :) I guess it was gonna happen at some point since, you know, raw resources and modding flexibility.

I'll play this and give some feedback, and maybe expand on it myself (if the license allows). From a cursory glance, it seems to have a lot of the homemade stuff I think a mod like this should have.

Good job with being that guy to turn Factorio into a bakery.

2 years ago

I've been itching to do this since I tried your mod and realized I could definitely build on it.

Is it ok if I use the art you made for it? I'm bad at it and wanted to focus on the processes aspect of this mod.
Also, where did you get the art for this? Did you draw it or was it found online somewhere?

My plan is to use recipes from online to increase complexity a bit (I'll try not to go overboard). For example, bread dough takes butter, flour, yeast, maybe some salt. Cakes would take sugar, baking powder/soda, flour, egg, milk, etc. Maybe even add a pizza delivery via rockets. :)

3 months ago

I also had that idea of making a mod directly inspired/copied from this! Nice to see someone else doing it way before me :)

3 months ago

I also had that idea of making a mod directly inspired/copied from this! Nice to see someone else doing it way before me :) and probably better as im horrible at modding

3 months ago

why is there two of these

New response