Artifact

by badway

An Alien artifact left by another race, it radiates energy, connect a power pole to gain some power. Trying to move it might result in you breaking it. breaking it gets you fragments, that might lead to, you recreating your own.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Power

i An idea

4 years ago

hey, its me again, this is a pretty neat mod, adding a random spawn structure, but somethings its far and out of the way or i moved them before you adjusted that, but what i could salvage them, and build a Artifact core reactor, from those parts? maybe a mk 1 and two? (as make it not blink red, maybe a slow glow of red, or dim.) then it would still reward the player for scouting but also not have to line in hundreds of power polls.

4 years ago

I don’t have much time right now. When I get free I will be engaged in a mod and new ideas)

4 years ago

neat, well take your time, im no better with time myself :c

4 years ago

Hi!)
It is necessary to create MK2 as I understand it, and what else?
Is English your native language?
If, for example, from Chinese to translate into English and then from English to Russian, then the translator translates senseless), I do not understand. Maybe you'd better write in your native language and I will translate.

Now you can dig out an artifact only if an option is selected in the mod’s settings, it can also be destroyed, what if fragments are added when the artifact is destroyed, from which MK2 can then be assembled? The energy from it is free, so this will not allow the user to do them indefinitely. It can also add settings where you can choose how much energy the artifact will generate, for example from 1 MW to 3MW, this is in case the card is explored and it is difficult to find a sufficient amount

4 years ago

English is my main language (not very Good at it ;-; )
So to expand, artifacts when destroyed could drop fragments, to allow the creation of a “nova” or “Proto” reactor. As the artifacts stands, yes free power, but, it should act more like a battery and less like a zero point energy. Yes early game, power is very nice. But late game, it’s a drop to the ocean.

To destroy and get the parts, it would have to be done in the inventory. But once picked up, it should not be allowed to be placed back down. So the warning being “attempting to move this might damage it”

This is only a concept and it’s up to you what you would like to do with it. :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes, I have a bad translator), and I am illiterate)
The next version will be implemented. In 1, 2 days

4 years ago

To destroy and get the parts, it would have to be done in the inventory. But once picked up, it should not be allowed to be placed back down. So the warning being “attempting to move this might damage it”

this is a great idea)

4 years ago

Neat •^•

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Version: 0.0.4
Date: 29. 11. 2019.
Changes:
- The artifact can now be picked up from the ground, but this will lead to breakage and it will crumble into fragments. Also, when the artifact is destroyed, parts will fall to the ground from which you can create your own artifact with a large energy buffer and the ability to generate additional energy using uranium ore as fuel. Explore artifact technology to craft.

that's what happened, I did not think about the characteristics, they can be corrected, struggled with the idea)
If you click, you will get to the video with the best quality

If you pick up an artifact from the ground, you can get 3 fragments, and if you destroy then fragments can be from 3 to 5
It is not displayed anywhere but the energy buffer is 50MJ, it is such a big battery + 2 "MW" of energy that constantly generates, and if it is fed with uranium ore it will give an additional 6 "MW"

4 years ago

That’s actually pretty awesome. Sorry for late response. I’ll try it out when I get home, (Saturday afternoon) and give some feedback about it :)

4 years ago

Just a question, do you know of these mods?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PlutoniumEnergy
https://mods.factorio.com/user/MadClown01

https://mods.factorio.com/user/Arch666Angel
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/apm_starfall
These mods here add a bit more to power. Some being a bit extra, or extreme. I point these out cause, each add a resource with like properties, which could be consider fuel, and possible to generate more power, but obviously not as good as a unclear reactor or normal power set up.

This mods is like a small reword for exploring the map, which is nice.

4 years ago

"An Alien artifact left by another race, it radiates energy, connect a power pole to gain some power. Trying to move it might result in you breaking it. breaking it gets you fragments, that might lead to, you recreating your own."

Here's my English, if you would like to use as description. "^"

4 years ago

Soon we will release a very interesting Christmas tree, maybe even today if we have time). All the same, today is the first day of winter. Author of the mod BiusArt)

4 years ago

I have another idea. Add technology so you have to research how to create your own artifact. Then another technology will open up the fueling with uranium. Maybe these techs would require the artifact fragments to research? Just an idea that I find interesting, have not tried the mod yet but I am adding it to my list now. :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Here it will be necessary to think what to do ...
The fact is that the factorio version is 0.18. has made changes, and it will not work to use solid fuel generators. In addition, now the pipes are always screwed on, before this was optional. I want to say that in version 0.18 uranium cannot be used, only liquid, of course I can make a recipe for liquid from uranium enriched with uranium, etc., but you can’t attach the pipe artifact to the picture, it will be disgusting. Need another model of artifact.
Work more than it might seem. I will implement this but not in the near future.

New response