Arrow Inserter

by Bleb1k

A completely new approach to inserters: they are placed between machines and belts, which allows you to create much more compact designs! Enjoy the beautiful movement of objects that bounce seamlessly where they need to. They function similarly to the Dyson Sphere Program (DSP) and all types of inserters are supported, even from some popular mods. Who wants to leave space between assembler and belt anyway?

Content
10 months ago
Logistics

i Suggestions

1 year, 11 months ago

If you want this mod to be compatible with some other mod, or just have an idea on how to make mod better, please share!
It'd be very cool to implement new features, or just spread to another mods!

1 year, 11 months ago

I was wondering if it would look okay to make long arrow inserters. You could simply make the arrow red, and change the pickup and drop location. That would make the inserters behave more like DSP "inserters" which is very easy to use.

Also, you could expand your description a little IMO. When people search on the mod portal then it searches the description, so typically mods have some keywords placed there. You could mention then, for example, that it's "inserters similar to Dyson Sphere Program" and "Inserters that fit between the building and the belt that allows more compact builds!"

Still think this is such a cool idea XD

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

I was wondering if it would look okay to make long arrow inserters. You could simply make the arrow red, and change the pickup and drop location. That would make the inserters behave more like DSP "inserters" which is very easy to use.

Also, you could expand your description a little IMO. When people search on the mod portal then it searches the description, so typically mods have some keywords placed there. You could mention then, for example, that it's "inserters similar to Dyson Sphere Program" and "Inserters that fit between the building and the belt that allows more compact builds!"

Still think this is such a cool idea XD

this is wonderful idea!
I will add this soon!

Edit: Done!

1 year, 11 months ago

And about description...
If anyone willing to help it'd be really appreciated!
I don't have anything better in mind to put as description :)

1 year, 11 months ago

What does <VIP> mean? Also, please include a changelog :) it's good to see what's now fixed

1 year, 11 months ago

If anyone willing to help it'd be really appreciated!

I'll give it a go, feel free to use it or not use it XD

A brand new take on inserters by making them fit between machines and belts which allows much more compact builds! Enjoy the lovely motion of the items seemlessly bouncing to where they need to go. They function similar to Dyson Sphere Program (DSP), and all inserter types are supported, even those from some popular mods. Who wants to leave space between the assembler and belt anyway?

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

What does <VIP> mean? Also, please include a changelog :) it's good to see what's now fixed

aha, thats a typo, thanks!
I was told about this on discord, and didn't understand, whoops :v

1 year, 11 months ago

Stringweasel, thanks alot, this will serve as a great summary!

New response