Amator Phasma's Nuclear

This mod is inspired by "Nuclear Power" by Fatmice and "Uranium Power" by Simdezimon. And, like the both, does this mod expand the production of nuclear fuel cells and the reprocessing of spent fuel cells. With this mod, the start into the atomic age is a bit harder than in the vanilla Factorio and you will need the logic cabling for this mod because you have to control pumps so that your enrichment process can work efficiently. (Without a logic control this process will come to a standstill.)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Power

g MadClown's Nuclear Reprocessing

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The Angel's addon mods made by MadClown (the 'C' of the ABC modpack sets of AngelBobClown's) includes a nuclear reprocessing overhaul (significantly more steps, more fuel types, etc... etc... koverex is gone, etc...). Does this play well with that or does it conflict?

5 years ago

I have no idea, because I don't know Mad Clown's mods yet, but I think there is a very high chance that both mods conflicts together.

5 years ago

Maybe you need to include more detailed information of your mod... This would make it easier to decide between your mod and others.

5 years ago

I highly agree with @Mutkanum, right now madclown's nuclear reprocessing is pretty expansive though not complicated, it has a lot of steps, lot of outputs, lot of handling, lot of fuel types, and it's quite fun to set up and has better output once you get it up. As it is designed to work with AngelBobs (though just recently it lets you use it with vanilla too) a lot of people tend to just add it by default, so if you want to compete with it then you need a very good description, and/or need to work with it directly. :-)

Marketing is all too important sadly. ^.^;

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I agree ... yes .. my description is not very informative about this mod :) * will be change it soon(tm)

At a first glance this mod is smaller compared to Madclown's nuclear reprocessing. This mod focused only on uranium (and MOX), no other fuels. like the both role models (Nuclear Power by Fatmice and Uranium Power by Simdezimon).

5 years ago

Size is not equal to quality or fun. You need a good concept and hard work. :)

5 years ago

Size is not equal to quality or fun. You need a good concept and hard work. :)

Exactly this! It is all on how well made the gameplay is. There are plenty of mods that throw in things just to throw them in, like the multitude of mods that just add more tiers of assemblers or so, Bob's Mods is dangerously close to being like that but it still adds enough 'new gameplay' that is decently balanced that it works well. Angel's Mods are a mod set that on initial glance just throws in everything, but it is so well balanced and does so much for gameplay and puzzles and near every bit of it is new that it just works very well. MadClown's Nuclear works well because it adds the proper centrifuging process to start, which is the 'throw in to throw it in part' it seems, however it works well with its overall design in that it splits output and products out amongst those various centrifuging steps, adding more to the puzzle that is the gameplay, in addition to the various forms of other fuels, how to mix them and balance them and all, and although it is very useful and works well especially with the higher tier fuel types, it is still dangerously close to that territory of throwing things in just to throw them in (especially with the fuel rod tiers and centrifuging, although with the fuel rod tiers it gives you a useful enhancement for essentially 'unlocking' more byproducts from the reactors themselves).

At the moment I don't really know what this mod does as the description doesn't really say, but as it does not seem like it would work with madclown's it hasn't been added to the server as of yet. If it works with madclown's, or it is better than madclown's (not in terms of 'stuff', but in terms of gameplay and efficiency, madclown has no UPS hit thankfully as it has no running scripts) then I'd easily replace madclown's on the server with this one as we haven't reached nuclear yet (death world, haven't even reached blue science yet, so much military focus...) or add it with madclown's if it extends and/or refines it at well. :-)

For note, if you do find a way to work with madclown's mods that would increase visibility as well, the 'C' of the ABC mod packs stands for 'clown' (angel/bob/clown) so it would be more drop-in with that and thus increase usage in existing ABC ecosystems. MadClown's mods are modular like Angels and Bobs so it is not a stretch for people to leave out just the nuclear portion if yours ends up better though incompatible. :-)

It is the gameplay that matters about mods, not the 'stuff' that they add after all. :-)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

in terms of gameplay and efficiency, madclown has no UPS hit thankfully as it has no running scripts)

That's something my mod has, the inserter function that comes with the library, that I need for the possibility to access the inventory for burned fuel residues. For my "Coal&Steam" that is a very important function, otherwise the whole idea of ash in it dosen't work.

Or in this mod the breeder reactor need this function because it uses MOX-Fuel and it is an assembler-machine (internal)... I'm working on it to reduce the footprint of this script but thats not easy :D (I have Ideas to reduce it more, but I need more testing to dertermine if this can work) I hope with a future version I can reduce the iterations down to 30 per tick from 50 per tick without any downside to the functions.

There are plenty of mods that throw in things just to throw them...

Yeah... and as I read this... I'm thinking I should move the (battery and electric car things) out of "Coal & Steam" into a separate mod, where it better fits... Because thats already close to the "throw in things just to throw them..."

New response