Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack Core (Beta) deprecated

Modpack & Overhaul & Configuration & additional Things. - You start on a planet with low and widely separated resources, the environment is harsh, but you have the science and technology on your side to survive and to build a greate factory. You need to explore the planet to find new possibilities, sometimes they fall from the sky...

Overhaul
6 years ago

g want to make a modpack too but...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

so i opened up your mod's folder to see what was involved in making a modpack (i've made a few utility mods i haven't yet released that are basically recipe and technology editing for a specific selection of mods, and i think i'm close to being ready to release a modpack but was wondering if you'd be willing to either update some of your code with comments about what sections are actually doing or b) help give some input on the process.

pack is being designed with 185 mods in mind, and will mostly contain a large number of recipe overwrites and integrations. module productivity transmission is enabled, but there are a dozen balancing mechanics weighed against it, such as logarithmic science (edited), and changes to certain recipes (ie: modules to require rocket launches to craft, or other higher teir items are crafted from sending specific, off-world-shipping-co type "packages" through the rocket silo). And i'm hoping to make a mod specific for this modpack that will tie into off world shipping co, generate a bunch of "packages" that can be sent using the rocket silo, and have higher-tier items crafted that way.

the main thing i'm getting stuck on is i'm not sure how to tell a mod to modify (or in order words "set") config-settings.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

and secondly, i need to figure out how to have a mod disable mods not in the list of permitted mods from loading. i figured i could do a force-crash but not sure if i like the idea. basically run through the list of mods, and if a modname =/= a name within a list, then error/quit loading. the author of Endgame Combat uses a similar technique to throw an error and prevent game loading if a technology would have an effect to unlock an item recipe, when/if that recipe has not been initialized. (ie: if a recipe doesn't exist for an item, but a technology tries to unlock that item, don't let the game load)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

the function SetSettings(Name, Type, Value, Default)

and the loop that follows:

for k,v in pairs(ap_modpack_settings.data) do
SetSettings(k, v[1], v[2], v[3])
end

would this enable me to configure settings / forcefully-set the mod-settings.DAT file within a player's folder?? or does it only apply to the single mod

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

for the life of me i can't figure out how to control the values within mod-settings.dat from within a mod. not sure if its even possible. but reading your code for settings.lua and initial.lua, it looks like that's whats going on

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

if i can wrap my head around this i can release the pack i've been making, otherwise, i may just end up releasing a info.json with a list of dependencies and a mod-settings.dat file within the zip with instructions on how to set up the pack :|

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hi,

[...] was wondering if you'd be willing to either update some of your code with comments about what sections are actually doing [...]

Yes I can do this with the next updates, I have allready one in the pipeline but the real life get my very busy for this week.

And no you can not overwrite settings in the "mod-settings.dat" you can only influence this if there is no "modsettings.dat", thats why the ppl need to delete this with every update of my mod, so my changes can apply, but in this phase your mod can alter the values of all mods in your pack if they are loaded before and you use the "settings-final.lua" to do this.

[...] i figured i could do a force-crash but not sure if i like the idea. [...]

nah, sounds like a bad idea, don't let the loading crash without 'a good reason'

New response