Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
3 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

b Mod Broken Again

4 months ago

I enjoy your mod immensely, but the developers seem to constantly update in a way that breaks your mod.
Game updated to 1.1.100 and after update module is broken again.
I'm not a computer genius so I'm sorry that I can't help anymore than that.
By reverting the game back to version1.1.99 your mod now works.
Don't know if that information will help any, but I do hope you can fix it so it works with future updates.
Thanks in advance.

4 months ago

Thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look next chance I get to get it up and working. Does it crash on startup or during the game? Or just silently stops working?

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

hi, I don't play all the time. So I logged into the game after the last update. I noticed that the gun turns were running out of ammo. At first I thought I wasn't producing enough ammo, but when I checked the chest had a huge amount of ammo in it. So I placed a gun right beside the box and there was no ammo update.
Basically I did some checking in the game and your Ammo loader boxwas not transferring anything. In that particular game I had one that also filled up train engines with coal.
No go, not working.

A while back the game was updated and it had similar problems, so I went into steam and had the download the previous version which of course meant I couldn't continue playing the game I had been playing so I had to start a new one.
Everything seems to work in the Old dear version which is 1.1.99.

Thanks in advance.

3 months ago

Hi again! I'm currently working on the mod, but I'm having trouble reproducing this bug. Would it be possible for you to send me a save file so I can get a better look? Thanks in advance!

3 months ago

Hi
okay, but I guess I'm stupid.
I have no idea on how to upload the file to you.
I'm going to assume I can find it, but sitting here looking at these webpage I can't see how to upload.

Thanks in advance. We'll see if I can figure it out.

3 months ago

Hi again!

Before you do that, have you tried the mod since I updated it last (a couple days ago)? I put in a lot of fixes specifically for this problem that I hoped would help, but I couldn't say for sure since I couldn't reproduce the problem to test.

If you try it and are still having trouble, you can just drop me a Dropbox or Google drive Link with the save file and I'll take a look at it

3 months ago

Okay, this is my attempt.
You will be able to download this for one week after January 9, 2024.
https://www.filemail.com/d/cjhzpdujzffaptd

Let me know if it works?

3 months ago

No, it doesn't work.

In order to try the file that I uploaded, I installed the new update for factorial which put it at version 1.1.101.

I made sure your mod was fully up to date.

I loaded the game (if you manage to look at the file it should load you right beside the ammo loader box with a gun Turnt flashing no ammo) And placed 2 Gun turnts beside the box so it can't be said that it was too far away and it refused to load ammo.

If you find the bug I hope it's something that can be fixed.

If I wish to play factorial I will have to turn back factorial to1.1.99 version so that I can use your mod.

I do have a game (that I started fresh) that I've been playing with that version of factorio and no problem with your mod or other mods.

3 months ago

OK! I found the problem!

In the save you sent me, you are using Ammo Loader storage chests to hold the ammo. In the mod, the storage chests (as opposed to all other chest types) have a special function. Instead of distributing items put into them, they are receptacles the mod can use to store ammo/fuel when upgrading or returning items from entities. They do not work as distributors of items.

Simply replace the Storage chests with Ammo Loader base chests or Ammo Loader requester/passive provider chests, and the problem should disappear.

I do see how this could be confusing however. I think to make this more clear, I may remove the number that appears over the storage chests to indicate that it is not eligible to link to entity inventories.

Let me know if you still have problems after implementing this solution!

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

Okay, yes it works now.

Sorry for my confusion but when I was playing they looked too much alike.

Ant ane irate thanks for fixing my confusion.

Have a good day.

New response