Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
3 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

i Specific ammo/fuel settings for some entity

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Suggestion: add ammo/fuel filter buttons in extended GUI dialog next to the opened entitie's UI β€” same as for ammo loader chests.
WHY: some entities with the same TYPE/NAME placed next to other requires special settings for ammo/fuel.

So the priority will be:
1) global, in the InformaTron dialog
2) local to the AL+ chest (setting for the chest)
3) local to the target (setting for the target entity: furnaces, turrets, turret-wagons).

Simple scenario:
- frontline gun-turrets use cheap ammo
- backline gun-turrets use expensive ammo with special effects (fire damage, acid damage and etc.)

...because of ammo slots cannot be filtered for turrets. The same goes for fuel slots for any entities: vehicles and buildings.
Player can filter this through inserters/loaders for the specific entity. But we don't have an alternative for the AL+ chests right now

6 months ago

Hi there! Thanks for using the mod!

I've seen you in the other threads helping users with the recent bugs -- I really appreciate it! I try to respond to issues promptly but I was simply stumped with the recent issues. It is hopefully working now, but don't hesitate to start a new thread if you notice any other bugs/oddities.

As far the this idea goes, I love it! I actually wanted to do something along these lines when I first introduced entity filters to the mod, but at the time the API didn't have all the helpful GUI tools it does now, and the result would have been confusing for users and extremely labor intensive on my end.

With the new tools in the API now though, I don't see why I couldn't reattempt something like this. The only problem I see is how to make it easy for the user to select filters for the hundreds/thousands of turrets and other entities. I think implementing blueprint support will be necessary to really make it user friendly.

I'll see what I can do! In the meantime, let me know if you have any other requests/ideas!

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Hi, thanks for the mod :)

You can implement two features here that will make it AMAZING to use this new filtering on the turrets themselves:

P.S. If I had time now, I would find a bug in your new versions, but at the moment I can hardly even just play :(

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

I have this implemented as of 1.1.21!

I was able to implement the per-entity filters, copy-paste support, and blueprint support. The priority is essentially just that ALL filters must match (filters in the main GUI, chest filters, and entity filters). As always, these changes could have caused some new bugs, so please let me know if you come across any issues!

New response