Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
2 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

g Crashing after the update to 1.1.80

1 year, 23 days ago

Factorio stops loading the mod after the update to 1.1.80 with the following:

15.044 Error ModManager.cpp:1608: Error while loading entity prototype "ammo-loader-hidden-inserter" (inserter): Value (5000.000000) outside of range. The data type allows values from 0 to 255 in property tree at ROOT.inserter.ammo-loader-hidden-inserter.stack_size_bonus
Modifications: Ammo Loader+

I changed entity.lua line 50 from
stack_size_bonus = 5000,
to
stack_size_bonus = 255,
It works for me but I do not know what can be the side effects of such a change.

1 year, 23 days ago

same for me

1 year, 22 days ago

Downgrading to 1.1.79 or 1.1.78 doesn't appear to fix it.

1 year, 20 days ago
(updated 1 year, 15 days ago)

Having the same issue, I have tried disabling all other mods but this does not solve the error.

**Edit, Solution mentioned above works! if you cant find your mod directory for steam users on PC its in %appdata%\Roaming\Factorio\mods\

(Great mod by the way, bullets > lasers!)

1 year, 19 days ago

Having the same issue, I have tried disabling all other mods but this does not solve the error.

Do what gmos said and it will fix it.

1 year, 19 days ago

I am standing by for the next Ammo Loader+ release update.
I can read, understand, and see what gmos has indicated. However, I do not know how to execute installing the update.

1 year, 17 days ago

In the Factorio data directory, there is a mods folder with a zip file for each mod version you have installed. Take the latest Ammo Loader zip file and extract all files. Make the entity.lua changes as outlined above. Then, create a new zip file with the modified directory and move it to the position of the original zip file.

1 year, 16 days ago
(updated 1 year, 16 days ago)

I'm playing with Geforce now so I can't modify disk files, I tried to copy the mod, fix it and upload it on the site, but when I change it's name it seems to get an error with pathing
ammo-loader/graphics/entity/ammo-loader-chest.png does not match any enabled mod.: ammo-loader/graphics/entity/ammo-loader-chest.png
What files should I change, I can't find the answer

1 year, 16 days ago

@Danny you mean with this ? https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/ Then i dont know how to modify files there. Why you dont play on local computer normally?

1 year, 16 days ago

@Danny you mean with this ? https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/ Then i dont know how to modify files there. Why you dont play on local computer normally?
Because Its currently broken and I'm far away from home, so 10euro/month sounds very good, too bad its not really 100% mod support...

Anyway I have lost too much time trying to fix ammoloader, because I cannot post it under the same name, and when I change the name everything breaks...

1 year, 16 days ago
(updated 1 year, 16 days ago)

@Danny49210 if you want to change name of a mod then i think you would need to:
1. Change name in info.json file inside mod
2. Change name of directory inside mod (in the zip) to match that from info.json (+version)
3. Change name of zip to match that from info.json (+version)
4. Change name "ammo-loader" in "prototypes\util.lua" in this line so it matched new name of mod:
local base = "ammo-loader/graphics/"

1 year, 15 days ago

Do what gmos said and it will fix it.

Read it too fast, hehe. Thanks for the tip!

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Thanks to gmos and sugis. Here is a little step by step for how to fix it by your own:

1. Search for the zip file in: "C:\Users(YOU ACCOUNT NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods" with the name "ammo-loader_1.1.14.zip"
  2. Unzip it with something like 7zip
  3. Search in the unzip folder for the File "prototypes/entiy.lua"
  4. Edit it with a text editor (notepad, notepad++ ect.) and go to line ~50 and search for "stack_size_bonus = 5000," (without the quotation marks) and change the 5000 to a 255
  5. Save the changes
  6. Move the old "ammo-loader_1.1.14.zip" to another location and rezip the folder by using 7zip or something else

Try it.

11 months ago

Chibineko - this is exactly what I did and fixed it.. Do people want me to upload a fork of this mod with this fixed ? Happy to do that (but it's a 2 minute edit to fix the problem until the author has a chance to fix the original)
Z

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)
6. Move the old "ammo-loader_1.1.14.zip" to another location and rezip the folder by using 7zip or something else

This isn't necessary! Factorio will also use unpacked mods. In fact, if you have a directory mods/ammoloader_1.1.14 and a zip-file mods/ammmoloader_1.1.14.zip, the game will load the unpacked version. I guess this is so mod authors can edit their mods without having to compress the files before they can test their latest changes. Zip files are just more convenient for distributing mods. :-)

11 months ago

Yeah, just some people are gamers not coders (although it's a super easy fix)

11 months ago

Even for gamers it shouldn't matter. Worst thing that could happen is you've an unpacked mod still around. When the mod is updated, the new zip version will be used automatically because it has a higher version number than the unpacked mod. So, what I really meant was you can save some time (at the cost of some disk space) if you skip the last step.

11 months ago

I adjusted the value gmos mentions and the mod does not throw an error anymore.

New response