Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

g 5Dim compatibility problem

2 years ago

The mod does not seem to work correctly with 5dim's mod - New Battlefield. The gun turrets are not being filled and in debug mode it returns [Ammo-Loader]:> providing 0 slots. Oddly enough it prints this 3 times corresponding with the 3 turrets i have placed from the New Battlefield mod.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I also noticed this =(

Edit
I found that it works in increments of 10? So it only refills ammo if you have 10 ammo or more in the box?

Edit 2
If you have 11 it will refill even turrets with 3 or 5 mags left. If you have 10, it will refill one that is empty. But if you have less than 10 it wont refill anything until it goes above 10. (I mean magazines in the loader box)

2 years ago

Hi there! Thanks for using the mod!

You're correct, the ammo loader waits until it has a minimum of 10 of an item before it starts loading entities. This is because the script logic to add/remove entities as consumers is quite expensive, and is even more so if it is upgrading ammo/fuel. In my tests, doing this while the chest only has 1 or 2 items leads to quickly escalating UPS costs as the chest constantly has to register and then remove itself as a provider of that ammo/fuel.

If you'd like, I could probably make this a mod option so you can decide for yourself if the UPS hit is worth the quicker response.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Nah it is alright =) Though it might be worth mentioning on the information page :3

Thanks for a lovely mod tho ^^

Edit

I kinda rushed the tech, so when i had it i still had no good way to produce decent amounts of ammo, so I just threw in the few I had and noticed it didn't work. Which was why I was confused ^^

New response