Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

g Storage Loader Chests

3 years ago

I've got multiple Ammo Loaders I'm trying to use at once in parallel. One pushing ammo to turrets, another with coal for furnaces and the like. Is there any way to control where the ammo that gets returned goes? I keep finding ammo in the coal storage loader.

3 years ago

Hi speedyquader! Thanks for taking the time to tell me about this issue!

I'm sorry for the long response time, I somehow missed your post in my notifications. Apologies!

Are you saying that ammo gets returned to a Loader Chest that has coal in it, or gets returned to a Loader Storage Chest (the yellow chest) meant for catching returned coal? If it is the former, this is definitely a bug that I need to address, although I haven't been able to reproduce this myself. Linking me a copy of your savegame would help greatly in this regard.

If it is the second scenario, this is actually working as intended. This issue is something I've tried to address in the past, but I haven't been able to figure out how to handle this without a significant UPS hit. It requires checking Storage Loader Chests' inventories before returning items, which basically doubles the amount of time return operations take (and return operations are already quite expensive). A custom GUI to filter storage chests is something that may be viable since the GUI update made custom GUIs a lot easier to implement. I'll definitely take another swing at this.

As of right now, however, returned items get sent to the first Storage Loader Chest that has room. To organize returned items, and to ensure Storage Loader Chests always have room so ammo/fuel can be upgraded, I personally use filter inserters to remove specific items and send them to other [normal] storage chests, or send them to active provider chests. I know this isn't ideal, so it's definitely something I'm looking into fixing in the future.

Let me know if you have any other problems or could possibly link me your savegame, and I'll be happy to help you out directly! In the meantime, thanks for using the mod!

3 years ago

Well, it's been some time since I loaded up that world (and currently the primary mod that's required for that world is broken), but iirc I've got a Loader Storage chest getting coal input into it, circuit limited in how much it can be filled by the inserter to a few stacks, as well as a pair of loaders shoving said coal into a Worker Loader Chest. Elsewhere(again, iirc), I have a similar setup with ammo. I'll double check once the mod author fixes his mod, I pinged him on Discord so hopefully it'll be prompt :D

I love this mod! turns out that when the range is set to infinite, your loader chests work across surfaces, which is really useful in Warptorio and Factorissimo XD I also really appreciate using Loader Chests with Industrial Revolution 2 and any other mods that extend the burner phase of the game significantly, it really cuts down on the logistics puzzles!

New response