Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

i settings: use a float, not an int, for chest radius

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

G'day. So, today I learned that an int setting in Factorio will just silently ignore a change if it is actually a float; I kept popping in 4.5 for the chest radius because usually the extra half a tile makes it match "what I expect" for a 4 tile search radius. Of course, it didn't work -- chests stayed at zero.

Turns out that I never got told the value was wrong by the game, and it never told your mod anything, it just silently ignored my float and left the setting at the default value.

Since I'm probably not the only person who will ever do that, can I suggest using a float setting, not an int, even if you decide to round it internally to an int? At least then it'll (a) let you tell me only ints are available, or (b) just use what I think is the smart value, regardless of I'm correct. :)

PS: thanks for making this configurable. I strongly prefer fairly mild power increments, and infinite range definitely doesn't meet my idea of those, so I'm super-glad I can tone it down to what I think is reasonable.

3 years ago

Hi slippycheese! Thanks for letting me know about this.

I originally set it as an int because back in the days before mod rendering, I had to define entities to use for the range previewing during the data phase. So I used 1 tile x 1 tile blocks for simplicity. This meant that if the range was a float, the preview wouldn't be accurate.

Thankfully, this has since changed! It should be no problem to change the option to a float. I'll post an update next chance I get, and let you know when I've made the upload.

3 years ago

<3 no need to go out of your way to let me know. I'll feel the love in the mod update window. :)

New response