Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

i Old mod that fits the game better

5 years ago

I want a more aesthetic way of keeping the turrets supplied, but this mod doesn't fit the game well, since its literally cheating and takes the fun out of it, are you aware of this old mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Macromanaged_Turrets, it connects the turrets to the logistics network, allowing logistics robots to directly supply them with ammo.

5 years ago

I am aware of that mod. I used that mod myself and had to do compatibility patches for it in my own mod. The reason I made my mod even though that one existed is because I wanted to be able to supply turrets in the early game before logistic bots were available.

I agree that my mod can feel cheap and "cheaty". When I made it, I was playing a game with bob's enemies + rampant + natural evolution, and the biggest hurdle I kept coming across was getting ammo to turrets fast enough to kill all the enemies. On top of the ridiculous amount of ammo I was using, I had to tear up my entire ammo supply belt every time I wanted to expand my turret perimeter. This mod was made with those constraints in mind and I find that in those circumstances it's pretty balanced.

I did add in the "chest radius" option to allow players to balance the chests how they saw fit, but I agree they still don't feel very interactive and fit poorly into the flow of the game. I'm not very adept at game design however so I never tried to fix it. If you have any ideas on how they could be improved, I'd love to hear them.

If instead you're looking for a mod more like Macromanaged Turrets, I'd be willing to update that mod or make something similar, but it would be a separate mod from this one.

5 years ago

Thanks for you work and time invested, i know early game with modded bitters its a pain, i start games with them disabled and only activate modded bitters once i am well established since i can never find a good balance between my pace of play and their aggressiveness/evolution. When it comes to your mod, i think it serves its purpose and cant think of a way to improve it other than doing a sort of mix with the Macromanaged Turrets mod but that would probably be too much of an hassle. If you are willing to revive Macromanaged Turrets that would be great.

5 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't mind doing that. I don't think it'll be nearly as difficult to code as this one. The problem is the macromanaged turrets author hasn't responded to a discussion in over a year, so I'll probably have to code everything from scratch unless his license permits modification and redistribution. Still I'll let you know once I've got something.

New response