Ammo Loader+

More than just a turret loader. Auto load everything from turrets to artillery wagons to furnaces and even the player themselves. Auto upgrade ammo and fuel without tedious manual replacement. Infinite range and compatible with Factorissimo2.

Content
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistics

b Error on Load

5 years ago

"Error while running on_load: ammo-loader/control.lua:55: attempt to index a nil value"
trying to load a game from latest stable (0.16.51, ammo loader version 0.16.26)

5 years ago

I'm looking into this now. For whatever reason it didn't happen to me while debugging, but several people have mentioned this problem.

5 years ago

I just released a new version that should fix the problem, let me know if you have any more trouble.

5 years ago

It seems the chests now also feed boilers. Dunno if it is an expected or planned change or if I missed some new setting introduced in this version, or if it's actually a bug.

5 years ago

whoops... No, not a planned change. I reworked the entity checks to work with the new technologies and forgot to put back in the boiler exclusion. I'll put up a fix for it in bit.

5 years ago

I just put up a new version that should fix it.

5 years ago

Seems to have fixed it, but I see some weird behavior from the inserters connected to the boilers (picks up only one item when they are set to pick up 2 when there's 4 items , waits for some ticks before depositing it, less responsive overall)

5 years ago

The hidden inserters are set to only pick up one item at a time no matter what, so I can keep track of what goes where and they don't end up holding any excess.

I looked into your comment about it feeling less responsive, and I couldn't help but agree. In the new release (0.16.31) I reworked some systems to improve responsiveness at the cost of performance. If too many people have trouble with the performance, I may have to revert these changes.

Notice that any entities not on "nauvis" (those inside factories) and any entity that can move (trains, cars) don't use inserters and are instead supplied by the script. If these entities aren't being supplied quickly enough, try increasing the "inventories per cycle" option to supply them more quickly.

New response