Aech's Linked Chests

Craftable "Quantum Linked" chests, with multiple different configuration settings.

Content
a month ago
Logistics Storage

g Better for UPS than the alternative?

2 months ago

Hi, I was messing with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/QuantumResourceDistribution2 before I saw this mod. The other one seems to put everything in one big chest and takes its toll on UPS when using 1k+ chests. Any idea how your mod compares to it? Since you use different channels the toll is lower?

2 months ago

QRD2 appears to use scripts to achieve all of its functions, which is a good solution for what that mod is trying to achieve, but the Quantum chest is a lot simpler. the chest contents aren't copied with modded scripts, all the chests with the same Link just reference the exact same inventory. This feature exists in the vanilla game if you use "/cheat all", I just made it obtainable without cheats (thanks to the previous modmaker), added circuit connection compatibility, and will add filter support in the next version (probably quite soon).

Long story short, these chests shouldn't cause any more UPS drops than vanilla steel chests would.

New response