Heat Processing

by ElAdamo

More work.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

i Built in productivity based on temperature?

4 years ago

Something like burner fuel bonuses, but based on the temperature the machines achieve.

4 years ago

Love the idea. In version 17 this would have required creating an array of entities and scripting them to be swapped out at different temperatures (introduces a huge interface for error). I'll take another look at it when I'm ready to do a version 18 overhaul. I appreciate all your feedback, and I will get to it at some point -- we're crazy busy at work right now.

4 years ago

Well, burner fuel bonus already does something VERY similiar. So it's probably doable. Since it WAS done already.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The problem is attaching the temperature to the mechanism. There was no engine-supported way to do that, so it involved a script that monitors temperature. And then to actually change the efficiency... so the entity has an "energy_source" object, and if memory serves, the burner type of this object has a bonus attribute that doesn't exist for the heat type, so the potential solution was to actually create each stage of increased efficiency and have a script swap them out. Pretty convoluted. I'll take another look at what the options are, though.

4 years ago

I also explored adding a neighbor bonus, and there was some reason that didn't work...

New response