Carbon

by ElAdamo

Hydrocarbons go in, hydrocarbons come out. You can't explain that.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Fluids

b Methane-based Rocket Fuel has no building to make it [fixed]

4 years ago

Title, basically. I was excited to have two separate production lines barfing out rocket fuel but the methane-based one can't be crafted in chemical plants, assemblers, or by hand. Here's a little screenshot to show: https://imgur.com/a/10fE6ZX

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Oh, sorry, I fixed this in the latest release, but I haven't updated yet. Will update soon so this can be made in the chem plant. The problem was that it was set to crafting-with-fluid, to be made in an assembling machine, but the vanilla assembling machine only has 1 fluid input, while the recipe needs 2. Took me a while to notice because I add more fluid inputs to the type-3 assembler in another mod. Thanks for letting me know.

4 years ago

Should be all set. Let me know if you have any other trouble.

4 years ago

Works great, now I'm drowning in rocket fuel.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Is it too cheap? I thought adding the steel plate gave a bit more balance. And 200 methane is, uhh, only 10 solid fuel, but that's with the coal required as well. Should I raise it to 500 methane? Right now the balance is just based on a somewhat realistic view of the new, real-world process of making rocket fuel from methane (thank SpaceX and a few others for that one).

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I think it's fine, I was commenting on the fact that I made waaaaayyy too many assemblers/chemical plants for manufacturing it using both the vanilla recipe and this one separately.

If anything in my specific case the steel presented a good (though inconvenient) hurdle to overcome since I'm doing all of the primary oil products that don't need other resources in a separate base and as a result I didn't have spare iron/steel/whatever laying around to belt over.

New response