AAI Vehicles: Laser Tank

A high-damage laser tank with heavy armour. Can be automated with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i Underpowered, out of place.

5 years ago

This tanks feels really underpowered and out of place. You can reach him right after unlocking vanilla tank and its almost the same as vanilla tank. He slightly toughter, slightly faster, his damage scaling up with "laser damage" upgrades, but his rate of fire doesn't scale with "laser shooting speed" upgrade. Its rediculous, cause vanilla tank scale both, damage from damage upgrades and rate of fire with shootigh speed upgrades, it means fully upgraded vanilla tank have higher damage per second than this futuristic laser tank, with hi-tech supa-dupa gun (1468 vanilla with default piercing ammo (not uranium) vs 720-900 for laser tank (piercing-focuse)). His recipie cost is very low. So its the same as vanilla, but with new sprites because graphics are their biggest difference from each other. When you created this mod, would you really want to get situation like this? I don't think so, but maybe its because it's created for mass producing for AAI Programmable Vehicles, but still, why not using vanilla tank then?

What i suggest is:
add the need to research the "fusion reactor" and "military 4" technologies to unlock laser tank
add fusion reactor and electric engines to recipie cost.
enable to laser gun increasing his rate of fire with "laser turret shooting speed" upgrades
increase ammout of required science packs from 100 to 300
add Hi-Tech Science pack in to requirements for research

last but not least: new sounds? you can record them from whatever game you want.