AAI Vehicles: Flame Tumbler

A very high speed ramming vehicle hardened against collision damage and armed with a flamethrower. Suitable for rapid base assault, wilderness exploration, and hit-and-run engagements. Can be automated with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [S] change stats - less tankyness against impact damage

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

mod version used; 0.2.3, factorio version used; 0.15.18

testing; i did build a 5*2 block of (regular) walls and tried to destroy them by ramming the flame tumbler into them, without repairing the vehicle.
took me 1 minute to do and left the flame tumbler with 399/600 health. you can also ram down a complete player build base with this vehicle easily without even repairing it. (assuming it doesnt have walls or defense structures active)

suggestion; while i appreciate the idea of this vehicle, it's kinda overpowered in terms of taking down forests/buildings while obtaining extremely high speeds, especially in terms of multiplayer.
i suggest to reduce impact-resistance (percent value) to 50, leave the rest as it is. this will do ~6 damage when hitting a tree (1% of current unit HP) and ~40(~6,66%) of current unit HP) when hitting a rock.
(this'll make it a bit less tanky than a regular car and adds some realism due to the fact the tumbler has outstanding maximum speed and acceleration. higher speed => harder impact)