AAI Vehicles: Chaingunner

The Chaingunner vehicle is essentially a Gun Turret on tracks. Turret creep has never been easier. Can be automated with the Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

g Do you think it overpowered too early in the game?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Installed fine and worked under 0.15.4. I just get the feeling it is a bit overpowered - I don't need to build engines to use it, and pretty much it gives me a vehicle way before vanilla would. Just a suggestion that maybe make is use engines? Othewise, sweet graphics, love the concept, and the shooting of course :)

EDIT: I just took out a few biter bases and this things is released way too early in the game. FANTASTIC MODELING, It a sweet killing machine

6 years ago

It's less powerful then the vanilla turret it requires for it's construction. As a vehicle, it has a small inventory and move more slowly than walking speed. The lack of engines being required will make more sense once AAI Intermediates has been released. If AAI Intermediates in not installed I could make the iron gear requirement higher, but I don't want additional tech to be required.

6 years ago

Maybe a setting to make it require the engine if there's no AAI industries mod and the setting is on.

This way you have 3 ways to configure the mod. I'm actually looking for some more powerful vehicles, but this might be less if you say so.

6 years ago

IS this the mod that changes the tank? I really like the AAI mods but usually only install the AAI miner as I dont like the tank change. The chaingunner is nice early game, but the tank with the turrets is what I seem to really need in the midgame.