AAI Programmable Structures

Adds scanning and control structures based on other mods installed. Includes a Tile Scanner by default that can the contents of tiles. Can scan and place Zones with AAI Zones mod. Can scan and control vehicles and their data with AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Command Center please?

5 years ago

Could you add a building that you can enter, which would change your control style almost entirely to RTS? The idea is that your character has sat down at a computer and is facing a screen overlooking the radar image of their base, and can now control everything exactly like an RTS game, with simple right click controls without needing to use an item, no out of reach distance issues, and so long as your units are within a certain distance of your visible map ie radar etc, they're still considered 'in bounds', but beyond that they can't leave the area without expanding your radar coverage (kinda like how all RTS games have a limit to map size, this would simulate that). These are all just various ideas, but it would really help out. Better still if the hotkeys change and the UI becomes more like a traditional RTS as well when in the Command Center.

The only thing better would be rebuilding Starcraft or C&C in Factorio... But this would be a great start! What do you think?

5 years ago

only a small hint:
i haven't used or tested those mods, but i read about at least two mods that might do something similar. one of them said something of "playing rts style", and the other said in the description that you are "stuck in a train that you can't leave and have to do everything from within that train" :-)