AAI Industry

The industry part of Advanced Autonomous Industries. Adds motors, powered offshore pumps, burner labs, and more. Alters tech and recipes. Additional features will be added gradually. Other AAI mods are not required.

Content
4 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Burner Assembling Machine and Burner Lab "EFFICIENCY": What does it affect?

5 years ago

I ran some tests to see whether the 90% "Efficiency" on the burner assembling machine affects the energy consumption, time used per recipe, items used per recipe, but everything works as if the machine would work at 100% efficiency. What does the efficiency stat affect? I know, in vanilla, that, for example, 50% efficiency on a boiler means that it takes X J input and it outputs X/2 Jouls converted to Watts. But here, I cannot make any sense of it. PLEASE enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

5 years ago

Ok, never mind! I checked the energy consumption of an assembling machine and of a lab and observed that the burner ones created by you consume 10% more energy than the vanila tier 1 ones. The fact that they display the resulted energy consumption AFTER the calculation is a bit confusing since the base game does not do that. For example, instead of the burner assembling machine displaying "Energy Consumption: 99kw - Efficiency: 90%" it should display "Energy Consumption: 90kw - Efficiency: 90%" or simply "Energy Consumption: 99kw" and completely ignore "Efficiency". I calculated 90% Efficiency for 99kw and got to 108.9 kw/s Consumption, but when I timed the machine it resulted in simply consuming 99kw, thus having an Efficiency of 100% relatively to its 99kw Consumption.

Thank you for your great work!