AAI Industry

The industry part of Advanced Autonomous Industries. Adds motors, powered offshore pumps, burner labs, and more. Alters tech and recipes. Additional features will be added gradually. Other AAI mods are not required.

Content
4 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Suggestion: Change motor craft time to .5 and electric motor craft time to .75 (or 1.0)

6 years ago

The .6 crafting time on the motor doesn't line up well with the rest of the game's ratios, especially in the early game. For example, if I want to make burner inserters then I need 1.2 motor assemblers for every 1 burner inserter assembler. The early game seems like it's meant to have more nice and even ratios so people who know the game well enough can get these clean and optimized setups instead of having something with a little extra left over when you're doing things on the really small scale.

Similarly, the .8 crafting time on electric motors also leads to odd numbers when planning out the flow of resources in creating all the items that depend on it. .75 is the closest number that would allow for nicer ratios (and works very nicely with the copper cables because it then becomes 2 copper cable assemblers to each 1 electric motor assembler), but going up to a full 1 second would also work.

Would it be possible to change the motor and electric motor crafting times to line up better with the game as a whole?

6 years ago

You can go into the mods folder under aai-industries.zip and goto prototypes/recipes and alter anything you want in there. I changed some stuff myself because my ratios were way off with the base game.

6 years ago

I know I can go into the mod and change the times. I even made a mod myself for this (motor speed tweak). But I'm wondering why the times are that way in the base mod because it really confuses me. Somewhat even ratios can allow for some interesting base building like the 3 copper cable assemblers to 2 electronic circuit assemblers works, but .6 and .8 times don't lend themselves to trying that at all.