AAI Industry

The industry part of Advanced Autonomous Industries. Adds motors, powered offshore pumps, burner labs, and more. Alters tech and recipes. Additional features will be added gradually. Other AAI mods are not required.

Content
4 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Observations/Thoughts

6 years ago

Hello there, I'm loving the mod so far and it fixes a lot of things I've always had questions about in the game. I had always wondered why the offshore pump didn't require power (other than current gameplay restrictions) and got in a huge argument with someone about it once. While thinking about it I decided to go through and look at other things not needing power that I think should.

-Belts
-Splitters
-Loaders
-Turrets
-Train Stations
-Train Signals
-Logistic Network Chests

Now, the most painful of those would be the belts and splitters. For splitters I feel that this would make a lot of sense considering the machinery that you can constantly see working. As for belts, there was a mod for .14 that managed to accomplish it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Zinal/electric_transport_belts The author seems to be planning to update but his idea of a belt controller that fed the power to all other belts down the line was a nice solution.
Turrets may also be painful and it may be best to only do it for gun turrets since flamethrower turrets could conceivably be powered by their ammo.
As for the others, I don't think most people would object to it if they needed to place a power line near them.

6 years ago

I also had same idea that belts supply power through them, where you put a pole next to it to power the whole belt.

Mabey add a special burner belt to power the belts without electicity at the beginning. Or that this burner belt can be altered to become the power supply.

Please add this Earendel.