Wood Gasification

by cappie

Too much wood? No oil on your map? Want petroleum gas, solid fuel or crude oil instead? Then this mod's for you! Wood gasification is the process of turning wood into it's carbohydrate constituents and releasing its chemical potential in the form of petroleum gas and diluted bitumen (which itself can be converted to crude oil) (Languages available: English, Dutch, German, Russian, French, Polish, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese)

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Fluids

b Oil Processing disabled

1 year, 11 months ago

Some other mod disabled Oil processing on which your first tech depends leaving me with a not researchable technology.
I have no idea which mod did that since disabling this also disables all oil technologies.

However, the following command reenables the technology:
/c game.player.force.technologies['oil-processing'].enabled=true

1 year, 11 months ago

Ah, thanks for the headsup.. I'm thinking about simplifying the research for an upcoming version update, so I might even take out the requirement since it's meant to replace oil processing in the beginning of a game anyway

1 year, 11 months ago

Something like

if not data.raw.technology["oil-processing"].enabled or data.raw.technology["oil-processing"].hidden then
data.raw.technology["wood-gas-processing"].prerequisites = nil
table.insert( data.raw.technology["wood-gas-processing"].effects, { type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "oil-refinery" } )
end

should do the trick to just remove the prerequisites and unlocking the right building to use the new recipes.
Not nice but functional ^^

Well, unless the mod disables this tech because there is no oil-refinery anymore but marking another mod as not compatible is a valid option.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Sounds great, feel free to submit a pull request.. I'm open for suggestions!

Could you make the changes and submit them in a pull request? Otherwise send them to me as an email and reply here that you did :)

New response