Wire Shortcuts X

Adds a shortcut (Alt-W) for giving free wires, repeat presses cycle between wire types. Placing wires no longer consumes the item.

Utilities
1 year, 3 months ago
Circuit network

b [Solved] Some problems

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I found some problems in the new version (1.1.1) that I don't think was present in the older versions:

1) I can use the shortcut to put a wire in my hand, the open my inventory GUI, and put the wire in my inventory. This allow me to create a entity from nothing! With the wire in hand (from the sortcut), I can put it in a chest too!
2) I'm not able to transfer my wires form my personal inventory to my personal trash or to some chests using the left-click - drag mode. I can only use CTRL - click to transfer items...

Thanks.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for the feedback.

1) That is expected behaviour, and no different from the other wire shortcut mods. I don't think it is a major problem since wires are very cheap and this method is very slow since you can only do it with one wire item at a time. Even SE has a similar infinite wire exploit where you can drop wires onto the ground from the navigation satellite, one at a time.

This could probably be prevented using the permissions system, but that would create some painful conflicts with Remote Configuration, which also uses the permissions system. I think this complexity is not worth it, but I'll consider it.

2) I'll have a look.

1 year, 4 months ago

2) That was a bug in Remote Configuration, I'd just fixed it in v1.0.4 but the fix didn't work until after picking up a wire, you moved/opened a new gui/selected a new entity. I just released 1.0.5, where it works entirely :)

1 year, 4 months ago

2) Ok, I've been informed that it was my non-standard control setup that made it work for me but nobody else - you need to change the "drag map" key bind from left-click to something else (perhaps middle-click or right-click). I doubt there is anything I can do about it, other than recommend players change this ingame.

1 year, 4 months ago

2) Ok, I've been informed that it was my non-standard control setup that made it work for me but nobody else - you need to change the "drag map" key bind from left-click to something else (perhaps middle-click or right-click). I doubt there is anything I can do about it, other than recommend players change this ingame.

Weird, because the problem stopped after your last update of the mod "Remote Configuration"! I now can drag wires to chests and trash with the left-click...

Thanks.

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm just getting mixed up between bug reports, for some reason when I made the post just now I thought you'd reported the same bug as https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WireShortcutX/discussion/63b76715da8ca20b7bcebe48 :)

New response