Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Incompatible with Krastorio 2

3 years ago

1.747 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Fehler beim Laden der Mod „WhistleStopFactories“: WhistleStopFactories/data-final-fixes.lua:4: WhistleStopFactories/scripts/recipeSetup.lua:177: attempt to index field 'electric-furnace' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WhistleStopFactories/scripts/recipeSetup.lua:177: in function 'recipeSetup'
WhistleStopFactories/scripts/recipeSetup.lua:249: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
WhistleStopFactories/data-final-fixes.lua:4: in main chunk
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
WhistleStopFactories/data-final-fixes.lua:4: in main chunk
1.748 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
1.834 Checksum for core: 2333664729
1.885 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Alright, so I found the issue and I can now get Krastorio to at least load. But from a game play perspective, one big issue remains is that many recipes won't be available in either giant assemblers, giant furnaces, or giant refineries. This issue is the same reason why I never really made sure that my mod could work with Angels either.

For mods that have a bunch of specialized buildings I have a few options:

1. Do nothing. Anything that required a special building still requires a special building and won't work in any of the giant factories.
  2. Take each of the special buildings and map them to the giant factories I already have. This is what I did to make Bob's compatible, so things like the chemical furnace and mixing furnace would now be available in giant furnaces, even though they aren't normally available in regular sized furnaces.
  3. Make giant versions of each of the special buildings.

The problem with #3 (other than the time it takes for me to program it) is that now instead of having 3 different buildings that are randomly spawning, you have 6 or 7 different buildings. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be spawning them in the correct ratio of buildings you exactly need and especially not when you exactly need them. So you're going to end up with an over abundance of most of the giant factories and end up exploring a ton to find that one giant factory you currently don't have enough of but finding all sorts of wrong and useless giant factories along the way.

Anyway, currently, I have the fixed version which is #1 ready to upload if that is what you were actually looking for when you decided to combine Krastorio and WSF. But you won't be able to do any of the recipes that normally require one of the specialized buildings (greenhouse, filtration plant, crusher, etc.) in any of the giant factories.

3 years ago

ok thanks for your effort! I will note the mod and maybe install it in a later game. Without Krastorio.

thank you

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This issue is now fixed. My mod can be launched with Krastorio 2. Thanks for the report, sorry it took so long to fix.

3 years ago

cool will give it a try

New response