Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Steel plate recipe is missing.

4 years ago

Not sure if this intentional, but I am playing with some of bobs mods, and the only recipes available in the furnace are copper, iron and bricks - everything else is missing. I played another game with the Krastorio mod, and its steel recipe is available in the furnace.

4 years ago

In fact, the steel recipe is the base game recipe not modified by any mods.

4 years ago

Its not a mod conflict - this happens even when Whistle Stop Factories is the only mod other than the base mod enabled.

4 years ago

Indeed, setting steel-processing rereached to false and again researching the technology makes it appears again - clearly a mod bug.

4 years ago

I see the steel recipe fine both when starting a new 0.2.2 WSF game on 0.17.59 and then typing /cheat all to research everything. Also, if I load a saved game that had 0.1.1 and had steel unlocked, steel is still unlocked. In either case I'm able to make the base game steel in the big furnace.

Steel doesn't unlock until you research it, but it sounds like you're aware of that. Could you give me your steps to replicate? Did you start a fresh new game? Is this an old game with a previous version of factorio? Did you research steel before or after the upgrade?

4 years ago

I don't know how to replicate - I was playing a game since a few weeks ago and upgraded mods every day, so I used probably every single version of the mod. I didn't start to use the whistle stop entities until a few days ago, and only today realised that steel is missing, so I d not know when it happened.

4 years ago

Thanks, that actually helps a bit, and I've tried a few different ways to replicate to try to get the same effect you're describing. Someone else found a very similar issue:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WhistleStopFactories/discussion/5d3c0be511e5ec000d2ecfcf

But I can't replicate it. My code looks like it should do what I want it to do and when I try it, it works for me. If you don't mind disabling achievements, you should be able to restore all recipes with the following command:

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()

Which will disable achievements.

Other than that I've re-read my code a few more times and tried a few different ways to replicate, and can't get the same thing so I don't know how to fix it. It isn't just you that is having this problem, so it absolutely appears to be a bug in my code, but I'm not sure I'll be able to solve it until I'm able to replicate it.

Thanks for the report, sorry I couldn't be more help.

4 years ago

I jumped onto that one, but this may be a more useful place. I have a savegame with this problem; game.player.force_reset_technology_effects() does not fix it. I've attached the save file to a post in the Forum thread (since I don't see a way to do that here): https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=446252#p446252

4 years ago

Thank you zebediah49! That was actually the key to solving this. The entire problem was normally unlocked recipes worked fine, but a forced full reset didn't work (and removed the big recipes), and sometimes some other mods call that during their migration as a generic fix.

Please update to 0.2.3 which restore your recipes and keep them restored even through a tech effect reset.

New response