Whistle Stop Factories

Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Lost all 'big' recipes...

4 years ago

Somehow, some sequence of events caused all 'big' recipes (except for the very beginning, always enabled ones) to be disabled. This is despite having made fair progress in the tech tree and having lots of the non-big recipes researched. And, previously in this save, the big recipes had been enabled.

I should've kept a copy of the save in which this happened, but I wanted my recipes back. So I temporarily added an event handler for player_ammo_inventory_changed that scanned all of the enabled recipies and enabled the big versions of the recipe if there was one.

That worked, and subsequent loads of that save, have all the 'big' recipes enabled again.

But that was kind of weird occurence.

Just before that, I had a crash because of some kind of conflict between The Blueprint Lab - Credomane, Vehicle Wagon 2, and Whistle Stop, so I disabled the blueprint lab mod.

4 years ago

I'm glad you figured out a hacky solution to your issue. I assume newly unlocked recipes still work?

When WSF upgraded from 0.1.16 to 0.2.0, the logic for how recipes got unlock changed significantly. Before, in order to "hide" the recipes from the player crafting menu, I had to disable the recipes and then enable them whenever you opened a big factory recipe GUI. Because I just choose to enable anything that had a normal recipe currently available, I didn't need any special logic when new techs were unlocked.

But now they just added a new flag that allows me to just declare all big recipes hidden from the player crafting menu. So I could get rid of my hacky way to do it, but had to go back and add in a real unlock method. I'm currently using an on_tech_research event and scan the tech for recipes and unlock the big versions.

I'm not exactly sure how this all got messed up for you, but I'm guess my unlock switching method had to do with it. I should have migration code that enables all the big recipes that you currently should have unlocked when you first upgrade to WSF 0.2.X.

Anyway, in the future, another potential fix if recipes get messed up for you is to run:

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()

(which, being a command, will disable achievements).

Outside of that I'm not really sure how my migration should've or could've been better handled to prevent this as I'm not really sure what exactly happened. When I get some time I might do some test upgrades from 0.1.16 to 0.2.0 to see if I might be able to replicate your issue, but other than that, I'm not sure how to help. I do appreciate the report though.

I might also see if I can replicate the conflict to see if that is something I'm partially responsible for.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It did fix the issue. I saved the game and disabled the fix, and the recipes were still enabled when I loaded it. I noticed that you had hooked the technology research to enable the big recipes...

And I noticed the migration code.

I haven't done enough modding to understand how migration code works or when it's called. I'm wondering if it might be worth doing a tech scan and enable on any on_configuration_changed event. I think my issue had to do with enable multiple new mods at the same time as I also upgraded Whistle Stop for that save.

4 years ago

I appear to be suffering the same issue, but the proposed fix actually un-fixes it. I can research a new tech, and the new recipe appears in the Big Assembling Machine, but if I run /c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects(), it removes that recipe and resets me back to nothing unlocked. I'm on WSF 0.2.2.

I'm getting a couple "Different number of products/ingredients for recipe" and "No small recipe pair" errors off of Space Expansion... but that shouldn't be nuking everything I wouldn't think.

4 years ago

Thank you zebediah49! That was actually the key to solving this. The entire problem was normally unlocked recipes worked fine, but a forced full reset didn't work (and removed the big recipes), and sometimes some other mods call that during their migration as a generic fix.

Please update to 0.2.3 which restore your recipes and keep them restored even through a tech effect reset.

4 years ago

Thank you -- works perfectly now. Glad I could help you with the repro.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've also lost all my big recipes. I think it happened when I experimented with Train Construction Site (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/trainConstructionSite), and then uninstalled it.

Can this be handled gracefully?
Can I get them back without disabling achievements? Edit: use "someone's LUA console' to run the command.

(I'm using 0.3.1 and Factorio 0.18.15)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

You need to have the /c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects() command run. If it is run by a mod, it doesn't disable achievements. Someone could create a dud mod that just runs that one command. Some mods occasionally run it, like during version upgrades. In fact, my mod used to run it, but another modder said doing it was a bit sloppy, so I don't really use it anymore.

You should just temporarily modify one of your mods to have this one line. Unzip a mod, like mine (move the zip itself to another folder so it'll open the folder version of the mod). Add game.player.force.reset_technology_effects() to the control.lua file. Then open the game, load your save, make sure it is fixed, save it, then delete the folder and put the zip version back.

New response