Where is it Made?

Ever wondered where an item is being produced, or which chest it's stored in? Wonder no more. Pressing a hotkey (default ctrl+w) brings up a UI to help you find machines producing a certain recipe, or containers storing an item. Recently updated for 1.1.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Support for Multiple Surfaces

2 years ago

I found this mod while looking for a way to search all the logistics networks on all my planets for a specific item. The vanilla logistics panel thankfully tells you what surface each network is on, and lets you scroll through networks with a search filter enabled. Once I find the right surface, I can go there and use this mod to find the exact location. But that takes a lot of scrolling through empty lists (networks that don't have the item at all) and it's easy to miss or forget which had the most.

It would be really nice to have a single display that shows only the surfaces that actually have the item, and how many are on each surface. Maybe if SE supports it, even switching the player's view into Nav mode to look at the other surfaces, but that isn't critical.

I thought about making this a separate mod, but would be happy to contribute to this one. I think it makes sense as a related feature.

2 years ago

I've created a similar mod which has proper multi-surface support, including opening SE's navigation satellite when viewing search results on different surfaces: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorySearch

2 years ago

Awesome! This is great. I only got as far as dumping every logistics network contents to a spreadsheet 😎

New response