What Lies Within

Beta version. Most features implemented but lacking a lot of balance. Play at your own risk :) What Lies Within is an overhaul mod that focuses on new underground layers of the planet Nauvis. With each new underground layer comes new challenges and rewards. Do you have what it takes to find out exactly What Lies Within?

Overhaul
2 months ago
Logistics Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Heavy lag in latest patch

2 months ago

I can only assume it's due to the latest patch, but my save is suddenly tanked to ~30-45 UPS.

Took a glance at the code and it looks like you have this new "friendly biter controlling" feature running on every tick, doing some full-surface searches for characters every tick is going to be very expensive.

Suggested fix would either be tracking which surface(s) have active characters (though that is susceptible to cache issues) and/or running that code much less often (though that may result in choppy UPS spikes instead of constant lag).

2 months ago

Hey! Thanks for the report. I also appreciate the suggested fixes!

This wasn't addressed in today's update v0.0.51025, but it will be addressed in the next update (v0.0.51026) which I plan to have ready either later today or sometime this weekend. I'll likely do some kind of character tracking/surface caching.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience! Let me know if v0.0.51025 changes anything haha

2 months ago

I've pushed another update (v0.0.51026) that should reduce this lag significantly.

2 months ago

Happy to report that this has indeed fixed the issue. Script time for the mod went from 24ms+ all the way down to 0.3ms :)

New response