Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b Constant Re-research

1 year, 3 months ago

When just playing the game with water turrets researched, I keep getting messages from my research helper mod that "Gun Turret" has been researched. The more noticeable and annoying change is gun turrets and water turrets have the "!" next to them because they're "newly researched". While I'm not actually spending research packs to relearn gun turrets, it is highly annoying. Please advise on how to fix.

1 year, 3 months ago

Open control.lua and change lines 803ff. from

for f, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  if force.technologies["gun-turret"].researched then
    force.technologies["gun-turret"].researched = false
    force.technologies["gun-turret"].researched = true
    WT.dprint("Reset technology \"turrets\" for force %s.", { f })
  end
end

to

for f, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_technology_effects()
end

Does that fix it?

1 year, 3 months ago

I believe so. I'll further test and if it ends up not fixing the issue, I'll report back. Thank you very much!

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Can confirm that the gun and water turret no longer show as a new item, which fixed part of the problem. I forgot to report that both of the fire extinguisher recipes and lubricant were also being re-researched along with the gun and water turret. Currently, lubricant and both fire extinguisher recipes still show as "new".

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I stand corrected. Loading the game yields all the following items as "new", in addition to researching (for researching, the gun and water turret are no longer marked as "new"): gun turret, water turret, lubricant, fire extinguisher and both fire extinguisher recipes.

New response