Water Turret

by Pi-C

This mod provides an early game Water thrower that does minimal damage but slows down the enemies (use steam for extra damage!) and an advanced turret for extinguishing fires (use "Hardened pipes" to give it extra resistances!).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g Fire extinguisher fluid for dummy

3 years ago

Hello, i'm maybe dumb, but i don't understand how make "Fire extinguisher fluid" and extra strong Fire extinguisher turret ..;

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If Hardened pipes is active, I just change the recipe and use different locale strings for the turret to make clear that this is the de luxe version. So there's no upgrading involved, and if you should ever deinstall Hardened pipes, the "Extra strong Fire extinguisher turrets" will be silently downgraded to normal "Fire extinguisher turrets", without the additional resistances.

There's no way to make "Fire extinguisher fluid" yet. I've stolen a definition for one of our fluids in BI for testing, because the original plan was to make the extinguisher turrets use this exclusively. But I didn't come up with a plausible recipe, so I let the turrets use water as well. You could use the extinguisher fluid by cheating it with Creative Mod (that's what I did during testing), but of course that's cheating and not the intended way to use this mod.

I agree, that's not optimal, but I've been working for too long on the mod without releasing anything, and apart from the fluid it seemed to be working. Perhaps you can help me out with an idea for a recipe? It should be possible to produce the fluid with vanilla ingredients, and there should be some chemical stuff in there so it's reasonable that it isn't available right from the start and can't be used in normal water turrets. I'm also open to adding ingredients from other mods, if they are active, but I wouldn't like to add a hard dependency on the full Bob's + Angel's suite. :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

in fire departemement the recipe use blue potion and water (+ steel for the canister)
you could use same recipe. (- steel)
Water + blue potion on chimical factory
it's not "free" and not too complicate.
https://mods-data.factorio.com/assets/5e499da105c2f7e8348eb14bc952f3bef778d9c5.png

i send you a mail soon for the futur update for fire departement, i have take the maintenance of it now

3 years ago

I've checked out the recipe from Fire department earlier today because of this thread. There are several things I don't like about it:

• Steel makes sense in Fire department because you make ammo for a flamethrower type extinguisher, so the fluid needs a container. But you can't feed such containers into a flamethrower-based turret, you'd need pipes. So, steel would have to go, which would leave just two ingredients.

• The chemical sciencepack is also strange. Sure, it looks like a bottle with fluid, but it's made of only red circuits, engine units, and sulfur. This doesn't seem really plausible.

• Turret consumption can be immense if you change the pressure in the startup settings. I think it wouldn't even make sense to allow barrelling of the fluid because you'd probably need a number of machine for unbarrelling in order to keep up with the needs of just one fire extinguisher turret.

i send you a mail soon for the futur update for fire departement, i have take the maintenance of it now

Good to know! I wonder if we can balance things so the mods work well together. It may be difficult because the mods use a different approach. Your ammo seems to do way more damage than mine because my fire dummies only have 2HP.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

¯_(ツ)_/¯
i'm recently take this project, and i have ask you help for the previous x) "Universal turret"

Extincteur poudre ABC
Sulfate d'ammonium = sel d'ammonium NH4 + et d'acide sulfurique H2SO4
+ 2-3% of "terre à foulon (silicate de magnésium et d'aluminium"

Amoniac , present in organique form intro coal, crude oil, peat
Acide Sulfurique, you know how factorio do ;)

Possible recipe,
BluePotion x1 + water x1 = 1000 Fire extinguisher fluid
or
Acid Sulfuric, Crude Oil (or Coal) and Water

3 years ago

check your email

3 years ago

Possible recipe,
BluePotion x1 + water x1 = 1000 Fire extinguisher fluid
or
Acid Sulfuric, Crude Oil (or Coal) and Water

I'd prefer the second -- it seems a bit more realistic. :-D

Actually, couldn't charcoal be used instead of coal? Just as an alternative recipe for Bio Industries. We produce charcoal there, but it's just used as fuel and for making coal. Giving it another use would be nice.

3 years ago

on vanilla crude oil or coal are good,
for bio industry, i don't know it's nessecary to make a new object, charcoal and coal are same, just carbon and a good fuel.

3 years ago

Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't make a third recipe then, but just replace coal with charcoal if BI is active. BI can give you vast amounts of wood, and twice that amount of wood pulp if you grow your wood in Bio farms. Compressing wood pulp to fuel bricks or burning it to charcoal is an easy way to get rid of excess pulp -- and as charcoal is just carbon (just not as compressed as the coal you mine), using it directly to make fluid instead of adding another conversion (charcoal to coal) makes perfect sense.

3 years ago

"replace coal with charcoal if BI is active"
ok do that =)

3 years ago

how could you officialy add my FR-translation for water turret please ?

3 years ago

It is already added for the next release. Only, there still is that artillery bug that I need to solve. Guess I should send you a preview version so you can check that the translation really is as it should be. :-D

3 years ago

sure, do it !
and add Fire extinguisher fluid please ;)

3 years ago

and add Fire extinguisher fluid please ;)

That's what I've done. But the main recipe with oil doesn't work in vanilla. Chemical plants have only two pipes for fluid input and two pipe for fluid output. For water, sulfuric acid, and crude oil I would need 3 inputs. so while the other recipes show "Made in: Chemical plant", this is empty for the recipe with oil.

It would work with the Bio reactor from BI (that one has 3 inputs and 2 outputs), but I don't want to add a hard dependency on BI. I could perhaps make a new version of the chemical plant that's used only for this recipe. But it's bad to have a new plant for just one product, and I also don't think this mod should add a whole new industry! :-D

Do you think it would be OK to replace sulfuric acid with solid sulfur?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

3 years ago

I've 3 recipes now:

• Oil, water, sulfur
  • Coal, water, sulfuric acid
  • Charcoal, water, sulfuric acid

The third recipe will be added if BI is active and the respective setting is on, otherwise if charcoal is available, it will replace the coal from the second recipe.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://i.imgur.com/TpfCf1P.png
=> Fire extinguisher fluid

you can maybe make a "advanced recipe",
make more fluid output in same time, but more pollution

Coal, water, sulfuric acid = 800 u/m
Oil, water, sulfur = 1000u /m

3 years ago

More pollution -- good idea! :-)

I've balanced the ingredients so that they use the same amount of raw materials, but the second recipe takes 20% more time. (Also, the expensive version will use the same ingredients as the normal, but take 50% longer.) Combining this with pollution would let you decide between fast but dirty and slow but cleaner production.

3 years ago

Nice,
i send you a mail with 2 strange bug i have found

"synch save with mods" ;)

New response