Warmonger

Creep from Krastorio2 without entire K2. A lot of changes (only graphics and basic creep idea taken). Best played with Rampant.

Content
9 months ago
Combat Enemies Environment

i Mod compatibility: Restrictions On Artificial Tiles

1 year, 28 days ago
(updated 1 year, 28 days ago)

Hi garrotte, I've released a mod recently that makes some changes to some entities and various tiles, Restrictions on Artificial Tiles. The detection criteria I'm using, though, seems to be erroneously picking up your tiles from this mod. If you add the following property to your tile prototypes in the data stage, it'll allow my mod to skip your tiles: RestrictionsOnArtificialTiles_DoNotRegister = true

1 year, 28 days ago

Ok. Will do.

1 year, 28 days ago

I added this property, but how can I check if it works properly now? Your mod description becomes too sophisticated after the phrase "... the tile transitions". Sorry.
According to first impression besides protecting natural beauty of trees, rocks and cliffs your mod should stop player placing concrete/stone/asphalt tiles over K2 creep and even on transition tiles around creep. Am I right?

1 year, 27 days ago

No, not at this time (would you want that?). Rather, it prevents placing directly around/under the nests and worms. The conflict was that it was picking up your creep as an "artificial" tile and thus when the periodic scanner would run, it'd remove the creep out from under the nests and worms.

1 year, 26 days ago

I would prefer Wube to add an optional property for some tile prototypes to be not "replaceable" with other tiles by players/bots .

1 year, 26 days ago

If you haven't already, make a post in the Mod Interface Requests subforum for that. Or if one already exists, link me to it and I'll +1 for ya. :)

It's possible, too, that a solution for that already exists and someone else may comment with it, but I haven't looked too much into it to know for sure.

1 year, 26 days ago

I don't hope they do that. They ignore or even delete requests for anything with average+ difficulty to implement. I have negative experience with Wube. Game is great, product quality is uber-great, but the price is not to do anything risky or complex or not for mass player (and Warmonger is not for mass, 'cause most players prefer peaceful factory building).

1 year, 26 days ago
(updated 1 year, 26 days ago)

I can't say I've seen anything get deleted (I've seen things moved plenty of times), but yeah, they're not going to implement something that adds zero value to the base game but causes UPS loss. However, in this case, it's a property that isn't even of concern unless you're placing tiles, then it's a one time check. And like I said, there may be other players that know of something that will comment. You can start by posting in the Modding Help section, even, to look for advice on that functionality. There may be a low UPS impact method in control script, or something with the various masks.

Edit: Oh! There's gotta be something! I think Transport Drones does this with its roadway tiles!! :)

1 year, 26 days ago

New response