Warehousing Mod

Store all the things! Warehousing provides high capacity storage buildings, including logistic network versions.

Content
1 year, 6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Storage

b Circuit attachment graphics missing?

4 years ago

The screenshot for the mod appears to show Logic Circuit wires attaching to an added "attachment sprite" as they do on most vanilla items. In my game currently, however, wires appear to attach to "nothing" slightly above the bottom right corner of the warehouse. They don't even appear to attach to the warehouse roof, but rather hang off a point some distance above it, judging by the wire shadows.

The actual logic connection works just fine, information is pulled correctly. It's just the added attachment present on the likes of chests and such when attached to wires that's missing. Is this intentional or a bug?

dgw β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Are you using any other mods? I took this a few minutes ago in Factorio 0.17.79 with Warehousing 0.2.4 (the current release), on the map used to generate the official mod screenshot. Looks fine.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm using three Bob's mods: Adjustable Inserters, Functions Library and Greenhouse. That and your mod are the only ones I was using at the time of posting. As of today, I also have Manual Inventory Sorting, as well.

I notice you don't have a wire connection to the bottom-left warehouse in that image, though. At this point in my game, that's the only warehouse I have access to. Is that specific one maybe behaving differently? I'm using a single warehouse to store 6 different resource types, so I wired it to Deciders in order to balance its inventory.

edit
Here's a screenshot of what mine looks like. That power pole near the red wire connections is just nearby - it's not actually connected.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1964976897

dgw β˜†
4 years ago

Hmm, now I see what you meant. That might be a shortcoming of the current graphics, which don't have a circuit connection point on the sprites for basic warehouses. I saw prototypes of a new sprite set from our artist last month, so I'm inclined to let it be and just make sure the new graphics connect properly when they're ready.

4 years ago

Yeah, I did have a look at the GitHub repo and saw mention of new, higher-resolution graphics being planned :) Fair enough - it's not that big of a problem. Just looks a bit odd, is all. As long as you're aware of it, that's fine by me. Thank you for the mod. I tend to play Factorio more like Settlers, so having a central warehouse of "everything" is helpful.

2 years ago

It looks like the new sprites did not fix this -- attaching wires to the basic non-logistic warehouse still results in something like https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1964976897 where the wires connect to "thin air".

dgw β˜†
2 years ago

I should have this sorted for the next patch release, which will come out when the trickle of translation updates slows down.

2 years ago

That is great, thanks. :)

2 years ago

Definitely good to hear, then. Glad that old thread was useful after all :)

New response