Warehousing Mod

Store all the things! Warehousing provides high capacity storage buildings, including logistic network versions.

Content
1 year, 6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Storage

g Logistics system implementation

7 years ago

Can it work as a storage for the logistics system as well?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yes! In fact there's logistics versions of all the warehouses, and the storage warehouse (being more expensive) has 2000 slots to store everything

7 years ago

My bots are taking from Storage warehouse before normal provider chests.
Also find the difference in storage slots between the storage warehouse and the others hard to deal with. I regretted building storage warehouses in one spot, decided I wanted active provider warehouses there instead and the storage warehouses in another location. But I can not just place the other warehouses over the storage one as they are already full with 200k so it would create a huge item bomb! :(
I think all warehouses of the same physical size should have the same slots.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

My bots are taking from Storage warehouse before normal provider chests.

that's the normal priority, no matter whether chest or warehouse: IIRC, always take from active first (since active means that you want them to be emptied fast), then storage (to get free space again for temp storage), and last from passive (nothing stores items to passive and thus no need to empty them fast); and also drop into requester first (you want to get items there) and storage last (nowhere else to put, thus to temp storage).

Also find the difference in storage slots between the storage warehouse and the others hard to deal with. ... I can not just place the other warehouses over the storage one as they are already full so it would create a huge item bomb! :(

hehe, i did that already a few times, but was lucky enough to have the magnet mod and an autotrash mod that helped me clean up the mess pretty fast.

I think all warehouses of the same physical size should have the same slots.

i like the oversized storage warehouse and wouldn't like it to be gone or different, but i also want a compatible storage warehouse that can be exchanged with requester warehouses, and with active and passive provider warehouses, and even with the fifth type (the former smart warehouses). maybe there simply could be a yellow storage warehouse with the same size and capacity as the other warehouses (to easily switch back and forth between them), and another variant (orange or something) with the same physical size but the current superlarge capacity (when i am sure that i really will keep it in place for huge storage).
or i can use the compression chest mod to store superhuge amounts and have only the compatible storage warehouse in this mod.

New response