Unit Control

by Klonan

Control of Units

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b Unit control spawn units from disabled machines.

1 year, 8 months ago

I was recently working with Mitch to change/update your Hivemind mod and I saw units spawn that went over the population limit.
I looked everywhere and decided to look into Unit control. Turns out:
Unit control spawns units from deployers even if they are script disabled.
So Hivemind disables deployers to prevent spawning (and spawns the units on it own) but sometimes might have some items left over in the deployers. Unit Control then takes it upon itself to still spawn those biters though the cap.
Do you know of an easy way I can prevent this from happening? Or is this a bug that should be fixed on Unit controls end?

1 year, 7 months ago

I thought unit control didn't handle the spawning with hivemind, I do not remember the code precisely

1 year, 7 months ago

From what I read in the code both take a deploy-unit (spawner) and if it has an item in the out put it can spawn it will spawn it. But with hivemind (and its changes) it has additional checks for a population limit. But Unit control simply spawns them.

1 year, 6 months ago

So I recently did a bit of a deeper dive. The (hivemind) deployers tell unit control that they can be selected to give the spawned biters a path to follow. but that same data is used to make the list for all the entities that can spawn units. And I have a choice now; allow biters to be spawned via unit control and give the biters a base path to follow, or do not allow unit control to spawn biters and let them all clutter up at the spawn exists.

New response