Ultimate Belts

by Tyarns

This mod adds an additional five tiers of belts to the game, beyond what is currently available from other mods. The fastest belt in this mod is equivalent to 6 express belts.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

a Help Wanted 0.17 Update

5 years ago

I am aware that the 0.17 update has been released and having this mod updated is a major want for many of you!! I thank you all for loving this mod so much!! However, I don't have the time required to update this mod quickly, especially with the new graphics that need to be made. I do not have a 0.17 ETA at this time. If anyone can provide help in getting this mod updated it would be hugely helpful for me and anyone else who wants to use this mod in 0.17. Please let me know if you can provide any help getting this updated!!! Thank you!!

5 years ago

I would love to help if you can give me a github link or something...it's been some time since I wrote mods but maybe if I get a little insight in the data I can try to help you.

5 years ago

Okay I would love that!! I've created a github repository. I wasn't using github before... I've never used github. But it's probably simple, and I love it if it makes it easier for you or anyone else to contribute! The link is now on my page, but here it is again: https://github.com/Tyarns/UltimateBelts

I can give you insight into any part you are curious about. I mainly copied everything from base game data and changed the values. Whatever you want to know, ask!! Thank you so much!!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've submitted a pull request, Tyarns, to get it loaded in 0.17 but didn't realise you weren't actively updating. Science and quickbar references updated/removed. The graphics are what need work, south belts, undergrounds but i'm no good with that. I do see your XCFs but unsure how to convert to the new format.

5 years ago

I am doing the graphics atm...but it will take the weekend cause it's my birthday right now xD

5 years ago

Thank you so much smoopmeister and Pernox!!! Your help is making a huge difference! Thanks for all the changes smoopmeister!! I will test it out and possibly publish it today, if the graphics aren't too bad. Pernox... if you happen to be able to, using a belt model with more distance between the arrows might get rid of the stroboscopic effect. I know other modders have used blender to create custom models which would be amazing. But don't think I'm expecting anything like that! Any help you can provide is very much wanted!! Happy Birthday!!

5 years ago

Sorry to tell you but i was around the whole weekend! I will just continue right now :) Can you publish the latest source code so I can test the new graphics and maybe make changes to get rid of the said effects eventually? Would be really nice :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

using a belt model with more distance between the arrows might get rid of the stroboscopic effect

Only yellow belt uses two arrows on the tile graphics. From tier 2 (the red one) and higher they all use one arrow per tile.
We can probably to change the speed of animation and set only one arrow per two tiles, but I think that it will be ugly.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Already usable if you don't mind the missing spinny things underneath :D

EDIT: Dang, belts going north to south look like they go east. :(

5 years ago

What's the status of the gfx changes?

5 years ago

It looks like it works now. South facing belts are now actually facing south, not east. Maybe a base game update has somehow fixed this issue.

5 years ago

Hey Tyarns,

I sent in a PR with some new graphics in the 0.17 style as well as integration with Deadlock's mods as we discussed in this thread. Hope that's helpful!

5 years ago

Thank you so much shanemadden omg!!!! You handled the rest of the 0.17 update for me, as well as integration!!! I was so dreading doing the graphics, you did them perfectly!! You are amazing!! I've merged the PR and updated my mod :) You are the best!!

5 years ago

Glad to be able to help out and that you like them! The underground belts still need some love for the new graphics style, I'll see about sending you another PR with those in the next few days.

5 years ago

Why are you not using a changelog.txt?

5 years ago

I've made some graphics for the new underground belts, tho they're just a hue edit, not sure if it's wanted, lemme know and I'll find a way to send them your way :D

New response