Turret Shields

by OwnlyMe

Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption for all turrets (configurable or researchable)

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

i Wall shields

5 years ago

Hey I really like you mod but it kinda makes walls useless, and I like building those too.
There are a few mods that sorta do regenerating walls but they all require a bunch of new resources or extra steps to make.
I was wondering if you would like to make one that functions just like this one but for walls, so they'd get shields automatically once you research it. (maybe add the ability for walls to power eachother when connected)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Such functionality would make more sense to put into a seperate mod.
Adding just the basic functionality to walls would eat a lot of performance in huge bases, especially when you consider that double and triple walls are not that uncommon.
I tried making such a mod but i wasn't happy with the looks of my energy walls, which is a requirement before i even start programming.
The other mods don't look that bad, you should try giving them a chance.

Shielded Walls Redux
Force Fields
Stormwalls

My personal favorite is Stormwalls, it's very easy to set up and looks decent.
Let me know what you think about that one and what you think it's missing.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for responding so quickly!

I've actually tried those 3 mods before and althrough they are pretty cool (Stormwalls is my favorite too). I was kinda hoping for something that doesn't require advanced materials to make but gives you the convenience of not having to run around repairing things whenever a spitter gets 2 or 3 hits in before turrets take it out.

So far your Turret Shields are functionally perfect for this, I just think it's a bit of a shame that this makes walls obsolete as I really like the way a base looks surrounded by walls.

I guess the way I'm imagining it is a research that you can unlock with only red and green packs that either gives standard walls a slow health regeneration or lets you make a more expensive wall that regenerates without needing advanced materials to create.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

it doesn't make walls obsolete at all.
if you're not cheating you will never get enough hitpoints, regeneration and damage to avoid towers getting damaged.
that stormwalls mod already has a technology requirement, if you feel the walls are too expensive you can simply edit the prototypes/recipes.lua to make it cheaper.

New response