Turret Shields

by OwnlyMe

Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption for all turrets (configurable or researchable)

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

b Desync in multiplayer

5 years ago

We experienced some desync that possibly caused by turret shields mod. I started a thread on factorio main forum with this issue, and attached save files and desync report there. Here is the link https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=60935

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i agree that there must be a problem with the mod, because after i disabled it, no desync happened. (using your mod folder and savegame)
but after i activated it again (and researched turret shields again), there still were no desyncs anymore, so i'm not able to reproduce the bug.
it neither happened on my test map on multiplayer.
i was testing in lan though.

i can't provide a real solution at this point.
i will add the not-deconstructable and not-blueprintable flag to my entities and hope that will fix it.
sorry for your inconvenience

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hey,

we have the same problem on our server, the desync occurs every time a turret loses power either by removing a power pole or just cutting the line to the turret.

A little workaround for us is to remove the turrets first and then change the power lines, that helps but... yeah you know, things can happen...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i tested it and you're right.
i have no idea how to fix this though.
please try deactivating energy consumption, maybe that fixes it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

One of the developers helped me find the problem, i will post an update soon.

New response