Turret Shields

by OwnlyMe

Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption for all turrets (configurable or researchable)

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

g Game Crash

5 years ago

Thx for good mod!
But...
Error while running event Turret-Shields::on_nth_tick(23)
Turret-Shields/control.lua:862: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

thanks for your report, i will look into this
to fix this temporarily, please enter "ts refresh" into the console

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I often get the same when trying to load a save with turret shields already active, but on control.lua:385
I can't type ts refresh in the save since I can't get into it in the first place.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Send me a broken savegame, maybe that could help
And please tell me the whole error message and the version you're using.

I think it's fixed now, please try the newest version.

4 years ago

Hi ! Thanks for that mod ! It is really cool to play with...
Unfortunately, I have a recurring problem ..
Everything happens for the better, the turrets have their shield, but as soon as I put a flamethrower turret, the game crash ... I never had time to copy the error message before the game quit ... I'll try to take a screenshot next time.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

with or without electricity? with or without research? probably another mod thats incompatible, for me it works..

4 years ago

Hello ! Being in a fairly large game, and not having a computer powerful enough, I did not have the courage to crash the game again to give the exact terms of the error.
Nevertheless, to answer your questions, I turned off the electricity consumption, and the search was unlocked ... I would try later without additional mode, to see if it is indeed a compatibility problem.

4 years ago

tbh the electricity consumption is better tested than the normal mode, even though it's more complicated

4 years ago

i´m having the same problem. the moment i place a flamethrower about 30 seconds later the game crashes

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

ok i found out that it crashes only when i place the turret within the area of electricity, it doesn´t when it´s outside. and it crashes when the shield is full, i got the error by saving the game (server game) and opening it in single player.

Error while running event Turret-Shields::on_tick (ID 0)
Unknown entity name: liquid-square-14
stack traceback:
Turret-Shields/on_tick.lua:337: in function <Turret-Shields/on_tick.lua:1>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
Turret-Shields/on_tick.lua:337: in function <Turret-Shields/on_tick.lua:1>

New response