Transport Drones

by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

b "recipes" involving fuel cluttering up FNEI/What is it Really Used For?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

When using FNEI and/or What is it Really Used For? to see what recipes use the fluid that Transport Drones is configured to use as fuel, a very large number of "recipes" are present, one for pretty much every item/fluid in the game, including modded items. This is especially problematic when running this alongside a full Angels/Bobs modpack. Image showing what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/49PTy19.png Look at that page count!

EDIT: Found a post on the What is it really used for? discussions page talking about this issue: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/what-is-it-really-used-for/discussion/5f073c0bf0544804270e8b39

3 years ago

Yea I have no way to stop that

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

you would probably need to ask the creator of fnei to create a new flag for reciepies or something. if made in X, exclude.
(Edit: why is there no remove post button...)

3 years ago

I'm curious about why the mod is using recipes in this way in the first place. As a modder and programmer myself, it doesn't feel like the right way to do things. Could you elaborate a bit about that, @Klonan?

3 years ago

@dan96kid You can actually open the settings for FNEI and hide specific crafting categories. So you can hide the three categories used by Transport Drones.

3 years ago

I'm curious about why the mod is using recipes in this way in the first place. As a modder and programmer myself, it doesn't feel like the right way to do things. Could you elaborate a bit about that, @Klonan?

I belive it's a simple way to track what's to be delivered\mined (the same trick is used for mining drones) without having to use too many script, or programming a costume gui.
Space Exploration uses a similar trick to power it's delivery cannons.

3 years ago

Its a very precise and efficient way to:
A) Get filtered slots in the assembling machine
B) Present the choices to the player without writing my own GUI
c) Knowing the inputs and outputs without regenerating them at runtime

New response