|Created:||4 days ago|
|Latest Version:||0.1.1 (4 days ago)|
Tiny trains for your tiny needs. Makes rails and wagons 1 wide, and shortens the wagons to 3 height. Now you can fit a train in between your assemblers and beacons. Rails still move on a 2x2 grid.
Known, solvable issues
- No tiny signals and stations (yet)
- Can't place gates on rails (yet)
- No icons for tiny wagons (loco, cargo, fluid)
- Pumps don't connect properly to fluid wagons (graphically)
Known, hard to solve issues
(Any help on these is appreciated)
Trains aren't correctly aligned on curves. Need new sprites for that
Stations aren't rotational symmetric. Vertical even has half a tile offset from vertical. This makes it possible for inserters/mining drills on horizontal station to take/put items from/on two wagons, but those vertical can't.
Ghost rails and wagons that can't be placed are only removed once a bot tries to place it.
Alt info on wagons disabled. They can't be moved, will need to make custom one.
Known, (near) impossible to solve issues
- Still based on 2x2 grids. I can move it to 1x1 grids, but that divides your rail system into 4 systems that can't be connected. Also stations and signals are funky on those offset by one rails.
- Collision checks are done in control phase. So rails still show up green even if you can't place the item there
- Curve radius still very large, can't be changed.
- When placing down ghosts rails it still checks the collision mask of the normal (bigger) rails, so you'd need to place the rail blueprint first before any other entities.