The Floor Is Lava Revival

Extreme radiation causes you to take damage unless you're on manmade tiles. A fun challenge for territory expansion. Original mod by westoncraft, updated to 1.0/1.1 by Xorimuth.

Scenarios
6 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g [Fixed] Damage only when stopping?

3 years ago

Damage only seem to start if you STOP in a spot for too long. We are testing this on a scenario to try and limit free movement, but right now, people just run out to do things and are not taking damage unless they stand still for about half a second. This allows to go anywhere and to stop - if you need to - by just dropping a 3x3 brick floor, then just start running again.

Is this basically the only way the code will work? I assume that you can't just make the damage happen all the time ON the terrain rather then ON the terrain AND not moving?

Xorimuth β˜†
3 years ago

Sorry for the late response. That isn't how I remember it working, but either way, I'm not really interested in testing/updating this mod unfortunately. Feel free to make a pull request on GitHub or request joint ownership of the mod on this site.

Xorimuth β˜†
3 years ago

I've just had a look at it. You get damaged any time that you are on the terrain but if you stop for >3 seconds then fire appears at your feet and does even more damage. I've increased the standard damage a bit to compensate, because generally health is free in factorio anyway.

3 years ago

Ah ok, Was not really a complaint on my part, was just trying to understand how it was meant to work, but thanks for reply.

New response